[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corrupted composites ignal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 20160708_210658.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160708_210658.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I posted this at 3AM last night so I'm posting it again in the hopes that it'll reach a new crowd

/diy/ didn't know how to help me so now I turn here out of desperation.

I'm attempting to install a car PC. Currently, I have the video out (composite) wired directly into where the backup camera connects (it is the only composite in in the car). According to the weird-ass motherfuckers that go to car forums, this is the best way to get video onto the monitor.

The only issue is, pic related happens. The image is distorted as fuck, warping in from the left side with degraded colors.

Does anybody know what might even cause this issue? The pi and the screen work fine apart from one another, but when connected shit gets fucked.

I can not find ANYTHING about this kind of interference ANYWHERE and it's seriously fucking me up, I've not been able to fix this for days.
>>
>>55605976
Looks like an impedance issue.
The impedance of the composite video and the singal coming from the camera don't match, and you get a shitty picture.

a) Is there a way you can connect to the monitor digitally? HDMI from the rasp. pi to the monitor?

b) If not, try and get a video repeater, it may solve your issue.

I'm not exactly in EE, I'm mostly in IT, but this shit is caused by interference. Consult the manufacturer of the monitor if possible.
>>
>>55605976
>>55606060
Oh, and by the way, I had the same issue with my CCTV system. Still haven't solved it.

When I connect the output of a camera to the TV RF converter and to the DVR at the same time, both go apeshit. Connecting to the DVR only - works, connecting only to the RF converter - works, but connecting to both? Fuck no.

I'll try borrowing a video distributor from someone and see if that helps.
>>
>>55606060
>a) Is there a way you can connect to the monitor digitally? HDMI from the rasp. pi to the monitor?
Man I fuckin wish

Is there any way to measure or fix the impedance? I have a decent multimeter.
>>
>>55606287
http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Speaker-Impedance
>>
Something is up with the sync. The composite signal has a vertical and horizontal sync signal built into it.

This could be an impedance issue, which may be difficult to solve depending on what you have on hand. It could also be that either the screen has a shitty receiver/ADC or the raspi puts out a subpar analog signal.

Have you tried hooking something else with a composite output to it?
>>
I'm making a filter for the power supply to see if that's the cause. You never know.

>>55607419
I have an electronics store right down the road and a good multimeter. I don't have any other devices that output composite other than the camera, and the camera works 100% fine.
>>
File: 20160716_172600.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160716_172600.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Well it wasn't the power source, since this USB noise filter didn't do shit
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.