[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my stupid Windows 10 PC is currently caught in an infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 8-Start1.png (3 MB, 2846x1600) Image search: [Google]
8-Start1.png
3 MB, 2846x1600
So my stupid Windows 10 PC is currently caught in an infinite boot loop after doing god knows what overnight. How the hell do I boot into safe mode or fix this thing?
>>
>>55604229
After like 3 reboots it would go into automatic recovery, if it does not, you have a larger problem.

Boot up a live CD and test your HDD, and see if there is an issue with the partition.

If this is too hard or you don't understand, click the x in the window, and drive to best buy.
>>
>>55604229
You should download a DaRT 10 from Rutracker (https://rutracker.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5220800) and delete latest hotfixes.
>>
>>55604229
your ram is probably shitting the bed, try out another set and see if that works.
>>
>>55604276
It boots Windows as far as the logo screen with the circling dots, and then reboots, no blue screens or anything. It's not opening up Startup Repair like it usually does...

Could it be related to this?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3172985-fails-to-install-downloading-freezes-506261.shtml

I was getting blue screens a couple weeks ago, but that was related to nvidia drivers that I uninstalled. I wonder if Windows automatically reinstalled them last night
>>
What makes you think today is yesterday tomorrow anon? Your computer just go back to its original state when the day reset.
>>
>>55604423
eh

>>55604334
I have to doubt that, but what tools could I use? I'm currently downloading Ubuntu and something called rescatux to boot off USB
>>
I once had that issue with windows 7. Removing the CMOS battery fixed it for some reason.
>>
>>55604342
You can force it with cutting power during boot
>>
>>55604985
*cutting power three times during boot.
>>
>>55604229
I had this problem after installing the latest W10 hot fix. I tried to do a system restore and reset the BIOS, but wasn't able to get anything going with it.
In the end, I had to do a Windows Repair (which wiped all of my programs and drivers). To launch Safe Mode, click the Shutdown Icon on the log-in screen. Then Hold Shift and click "Reset" while still holding it. That will force it into Troubleshooting Mode, and you can force it into Safe Mode, try a System Restore, or go ahead with the repair.
>>
Save up some money and get a Mac
>>
>>55605556
You know they fucked up when this starts to sound good advice
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.