[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy Laptop >it doesn't come with a dvd backup for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 100percentmad.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
100percentmad.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>buy Laptop
>it doesn't come with a dvd backup for the factory default installation
>it doesn't come with a sticker that gives the Windows version and key it comes with on it

What the fuck happened to this shit, /g/? Manufacturers used to give those two things all the time.
>>
That's what happens when you buy a laptop off a chink shit general thread.
>>
>>55603834
>>it doesn't come with a sticker that gives the Windows version and key it comes with on it
That's illegal.
You got scammed.
>>
>>55603834
Check for KMSpico or DASloader, bet one or the other is on there. I got a chinkshit mini PC with that shit on there and got a full refund after I threatened to report them to MS.
>>
Windows 10 were like that though, no more coa stickers. Key already on hdd/ssd when installing windows.
>>
>>55603988
It's actually an OEM key stored in the BIOS.
>>
Alright, I managed to get the product key by using ProduKey.

I can legally download a Windows from Microsoft's websites if I have the key, right?
>>
>>55603834
>it doesn't come with a sticker that gives the Windows version and key it comes with on it
>>55603988
>Key already on hdd/ssd when installing windows.
Jesus fucking christ, It's in the fucking bios you mongoloid. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>55603891
No.

Windows 8.1 with Bing for example doesn't come with one. Microsoft gives it away for free for companies that make laptops because it has Bing preinstalled. You get no key. You just have this one OS copy tied to your mobo and you need to create a USB back up through the device if you ever want to reinstall this again. You can't just download the OS or use a windows 8.1 disc. It's a hassle but it leads to cheaper low end laptops.
>>
>>55604241
>It's actually an OEM key stored in the BIOS
I looked through the BIOS, and there is no key in it anywhere.

This is a Windows 8.1 laptop, by the way.
>>
>>55604764
see
>>55604471
>>
>>55605441
>>55604471
See >>55604391
>>
Just image your drive for backup
>>
>Buy Sony laptop
>Has factory reset program built in
>Windows erases it after giving me my "free upgrade to win10"
>cant escape the botnet

good thing I installed Loonix
>>
File: 1467431828032.gif (664 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
1467431828032.gif
664 KB, 480x304
>mfw all these idiots dont even know how to reinstall windows 8.1 laptop, let alone win 8.1 with bing
Its not even that hard, just use your brains. I bet you plebs dont even reinstall it as UEFI.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.