[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is qb good enough for private trackers already? I have a 28TB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (102 KB, 800x200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
102 KB, 800x200
Is qb good enough for private trackers already?

I have a 28TB homeserver and I don't like the idea of being stuck with 2.0.4 forever
>>
And with 2.0.4 i mean windows, since win 10 is dead and 7 will be soon
>>
>>55602456
>>55602497
Just upgrade to windows 12
>>
>>55602456
yes
>>
>>55603039
We are in 2016, it should be windows 16
>>
Yes, even what has it whitelisted.
>>
>>55602456
Yes, but for a *nix server rtorrent is better
>>
>>55602456
If you're ok with that 28TB being randomly wiped and qBittorrent trying to redownload it all.
>>
>>55604176
Not them, but
do you have a source on these negative rumors about qb? i hear so much shit about it but have never seen actual proof
>>
>>55604256
>do you have a source on these negative rumors about qb?
We've tried it.
>>
>>55604256
>rumors

They're actually just "bug" complaints by morans with shitty hardware.
>>
I have used qbit on multiple reputable priv trackers, started out with utorrent and use qb since around 3 years now.

>is the hate justified?
Yes. I am by no means an expert, but in my experience you seed less due to being less connectable overall. Also, I had to recheck ~1000 torrents twice after qb randomly forgot my progress.

Just learn how to use rtorrent+rutorrent and thank me later. It's really worth it in the long run, especially if you have a large seeding size since all other torrent clients have some sort of issue.
>>
>>55604176
THIS
It happened to me, I lost almost 300 fucking torrents, and I almost lose all my ratio, luckily my internet is shit so I could not redownload fast enough to achieve a ban
>>
Deluge.
>>
>>55602456
Check your fucking private tracker? They have sections of approved torrent clients you know.
>>
>>55604399
that isn't really a credible source
>>
>>55604889
Seems your mind's made up and you'll dismiss anything you don't want to hear.
Have fun.
>>
>>55604449
Elaborate
>>
>>55602456
>Is qb good enough for private trackers already?
I'm a mod at a reputable private tracker and qBittorrent is one of the most reliable clients in terms of precise stats reported back to the tracker and so forth, so yes. Keep to the latest stable and your tracker staff will thank you for it.
>>
>>55605406
Their shit is fucked, not the client.
>>
>>55602456
qBittorrent is a decent client. "Stalling" is a meme (can't find peers, happens in any torrent client) and it will still bug you to update like uTorrent. With that said it isn't built for massive amounts of torrents, as is uTorrent, rTorrent or Deluge. Use caution
>>
>>55607383
Deluge is shit.
Anyone who says otherwise hasn't done used it for anything major.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.