[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NSA says we are mothafcking extremists http://securityaffair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: nsa-tor-linux-users_t.jpg (52 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
nsa-tor-linux-users_t.jpg
52 KB, 600x300
NSA says we are mothafcking extremists
http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/49338/intelligence/nsa-tor-linux-users-extremists.html
>>
Define extremist
>>
Hey man... If you got nothing to hide why not let the NSA spy through everything you've ever done?
The Fourth Amendment? That was a thing of the past, we're in the future!

Don't you want to stop the terrorists?
>>
>>55601999

>we got to stop the terrorists goy
>>
>>55601974
If i feel extreme while using tor does that make tor an extreme sport like snowboarding?
>>
>>55602130
>not checking his trips
>not understanding sarcasm
you should be ashamed
>>
>>55602176

No thread is complete otherwise go away
>>
>>55601974
you guys dont understand shit.
>OMG IM ON A FUCKING LIST
let me redpill you everybody is in a fucking list nowadays even your angelic grandma thats why the nsa never managed to stop a terrorist attack.
not a single one.
EVER.
because their scope of spying is to big.
look it up dumbfags then hero
>>
>>55602176
>not understanding sarcasm
apply that to yourself lol
>>
>>55601974
>guys look at this really surprising thing
Anyone who is surprised by this three years after snowden leaked xkeyscore is crazy.
Look, there are two sides to this coin. Now before I get started, you have to understand I am a privacy advocate.

K

NSA is made up of people. Most of which genuinely want to keep the country secure. Now, imagine being the group of people that has to determine where the next threat is coming from? You could send out thousands of agents to infiltrate every group that goes out in public and makes it CLEAR that they are planning to do bad things. But this leaves all the groups and individuals who are planning to do bad things, privately in a blind spot.

How would you do the job of keeping the country secure, without mass surveillance? Attempting to answer this question is extremely hard. Do I think there is am answer?

Yes.

Do I know what it is?

No.

So, this is what needs to be done. People who care about privacy AND security, need to come up with a better way to do it. The problem is identifying threats before they happen. This is an extremely hard problem to solve without mass surveillance.

>g
>discussion about anything other than gpu

This thread gonna die
>>
GNU/Lives matter.
>>
>>55603140
bro the nsa didnt stop a single one terrorist attack against USA ever.im not just saying this on top of my head im dead serious.not a single one.look it up.
>>
>>55603140
NSA etc doesn't care about tursts. The spying is to get advantage over other countries in negotiations, to wipe out foreign companies that compete with the US of A, and to prevent any sort of uprising against the "system" of capitalism/mass corruption.

The tursts thing is just a lie to get the public (and dumb patriot "analysts" to swallow it).
>>
>>55601993
This

Of course Linux users are extremists. Nobody uses Linux.
>>
File: medium.jpg (8 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
8 KB, 64x64
>>55603137
>thinking satire is sarcasm
Does it hurt to be so stupid?
>>
>>55603140
analytics and targeted surveillance. the majority of people who do something out of the blue are things like troubled white teens with autism, muslims, and blacks. So, surveil them instead of the groups that do the least, like depressed white adults with autism (what're they gonna do, pirate anime and kill themselves?)

but that's always shot down because muh racism/islamaphobia/differently-abled.
>>
>>55603140
>keep the country secure.
By making computers insecure

Right.
The NSA should be working on making windows less of a fucking buggy mess- the trade centers going down every few years would be a drop in the ocean to the NSA fixing cryptolocker, and securing businesses and residences against security threats, especially chinese ones.
>>
>>55603146
underrated post
>>
>not on drugs
>not using gentoo with full disk encryption
>not acknowledging that 3 letter agencies are satan
>not a felon, not even once
>asleep throughout the night ???!
>not a single scar worthy of a campfire story
>not voting snowden for president
>seeking advice and not being decisive
>still watching tv, and not just for sporting events
>not drinking pure ethanol like almighty god of war, and watering down your drinks instead

enemies of freedom deserve no freedom
>>
>>55601974
Oh big deal, they going to arrest me if I decided to install slackware? They can't do shit to me.
>>
>>55601993
Non Use of Internet
Below Average Internet Users
Average Internet User
Above Average Power Users
Extremist
>>
>>55601993
Anyone who disagrees with you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.