[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I've been having this issue lately of low downl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (85 KB, 1079x617) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85 KB, 1079x617
Hey /g/ I've been having this issue lately of low download speeds, even on torrents that have a lot of seeds.

Not only that but when im downloading a torrent at a few kbps the internet speed in my other applications gets slow too youtube/twitch etc, do you know what the problem could be?

Here is my speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/5481539182.png
>>
>>55601500
Your shit router can't handle the number of connections. Cap that shit.
>>
>>55601500
Stop using a pajeet router, faggot.
Also >>>/wsr/
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 341x196) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5 KB, 341x196
>>55601753
Had it in 500, lowered it to 300.
What confuses me is that ive never had this problem in the previous months and ive had the same config always.
>>
your ISP might be capping you. try the glasnost test.
>>
>>55601776
>The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your upload traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

I had nothing open.
>>
>>55601500
>do you know what the problem could be?

It could completely be your ISP blocking/throttling/fucking up the public tracker networks.

My ISP out of the blue started to throttle the network intentionally or changed network configurations and unwittingly slowed down torrent networks to my system. I could see the green tick below turn to orange !.

I could confirm it was an issue from my ISP cause when I used my mobile data to test whether it would fix the issue, it seemed to go to the green tick again and catch a lot more seeds and peers giving me high download speed

So if its an issue from your ISP you can do nothing but change to a different ISP or hope your ISP goes back to previous setting or just fixes it
>>
>>55602045
Only one ISP in my country (Uruguay) but never had problems with torrents, they don't seem to care at all about it.
The thing is that not only the torrents are slow, but when i start downloading something (via torrent) other things get slow too without maxing out my bandwidth.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.