[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Removing the cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: cancer.png (53 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
53 KB, 350x350
Why is GNOME such a cancer?
I can't simply remove it because of it's fucking dependencies.
When I pacman -Rscn that shit it will remove Firefox, Wireshark, ePSXe and all other irrelevant shit.
Seriously, if GNOME isn't going to be your primary DE, don't plague your PC with it.
Anybody knows how to safely remove it btw?
>>
>>55601428
What the fuck are you doing? Firefox, Wireshark and ePSXe depend on GTK, not Gnome.
>>
>>55601449
I want to remove GNOME as i never use it and it's wasting my resources.
Yeah, but I can't remove GNOME only, I have to remove all other shit because of that.
>>
>>55601468
No, seriously, what the fuck are you doing? What packages are you trying to uninstall?
>>
>>55601428
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=65269 post #9
pacman -Runs gnome
>>
>>55601535
I didn't checked but I uninstalled few packages I didn't want to like GDM, but no damage is done so far.
>>55601507
Remove GNOME and just GNOME dude
>>
>>55601428
>pacman
>Arch Linux
>Using software you don't want to use

Hm. You're doing something wrong.
>>
>>55601633
I've installed GNOME because my mom was used to it. Now I moved so mom doesn't use laptop,
>>
OP here, nevermind I fixed it
>>
>>55601758
That was not me, but yeah, I've fixed it lol
>>
>>55601428
#pacman -Rns gnome-desktop
>>
>>55601775
He's not OP, I am, and I still have the problem
>>
I actually use Gnome 3 with Xmonad
>>
File: wtf is wrong with you.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wtf is wrong with you.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>55601831
>>
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
>>
So how do I remove Gnome from Kali?
Also, how do I download xfce? When I try through
sudo apt-get install xfce4
in the terminal, the download speed is ridiculously slow, and if I download the tar file from the xfce website there's like 20 different things I have to build, fuck that
>>
File: 1445439067424.jpg (122 KB, 845x740) Image search: [Google]
1445439067424.jpg
122 KB, 845x740
>>55601428
>gnome
>any year
>>
>>55601428
Gnome was dying out when ubuntu came along.
people really liked the orange/brown default wallpaper, and a new generation of gnometards was sperged.
Gnome: one more reason to hate ubuntu.
Also: Ironically, when you see a KDE hater on this board, you've found someone who's tried kubuntu.
>>
>>55601580
>I don't want gnome
>But I want gnome desktop manager
>>
>>55602992
Gnome still has the best HiDPI scaling on the market for Linux. XFCE and LXDE can't really compete.
>>
>>55603225
I thought that was a GTK thing, not a Gnome thing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.