[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so Sony support fucking sucks and I've tried everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
6 KB, 480x360
Okay, so Sony support fucking sucks and I've tried everything I could find online already, but nothing worked. So, I'm asking here.

All the services of my phone (xperia) suddenly stopped and i got a message saying "error while encripting the information, please reset your phone" and when i tried to reset it even with hard reset the phone is not working. its just continuously flashing with SONY logo.
i've also tried to repair it through xperia pc companion and pc companion but at the time of final initialization its giving me the error..(sony update engine failure error 0x00000064 or 078)
>>
>>55601119
Boot loop.

I'll give you the generalised info, because you haven't provided the model of the phone.

-As the phone begins booting up (Just after the sony/xperia logo appears) mash the volume up, or volume down button till you get to the menu screen.
-Select factory reset. If there is an option called 'wipe cache partition' do that first, then do factory reset

-If mashing the keys doesn't work, try instead holding the power button, as well as the volume up or volume down keys. The idea here is to get to that android menu to wipe the cache partition and factory reset.

If that fails, the phone might be fucked beyond repair. Or if you get it to a sony repair centre, they might be able to do something for you though I doubt it would be free.

If you hadn't removed your google account prior to booting the phone up, It might ask for that before finishing setup. If you put your right account in and it still wont let you in, don't panic. Google has a retarded 'security feature' which will lock you out of your phone for 72 hours. Come back in three days. There is no work around for this besides putting another ROM on the phone, and you don't sound even slightly competent with the intricacies of smartphones outside of Normie garbage.
>>
>>55601413
It won't turn on anymore, I just get a green or red light.
I think it's really fucked this time, thanks though.
>>
>>55601571
its fucked

next time stay away from sony phones
>>
>>55601119
Ask XDA
Otherwise RIP
>>
I had an Xperia M that suddenly got encrypted and I couldnt do anything to get it back.
Next time as >>55601598 says, dont buy sony shit
>>
>>55601571
Go into fastboot, Sony have a tool that flashes the entire ROM back on it called 'Emma' or something.

I've used it for a dead xperia s and nothing on XDA could save it but someone mentioned this Emma tool by Sony themselves and it worked.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.