[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only using the keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 8MNffPK.jpg (88 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
8MNffPK.jpg
88 KB, 400x560
I'm quite new to Linux but I'm wanting to set up my computer so that I can perform my daily tasks without using a mouse or touchpad at all or as little as possible.

Mostly all I do is browse the web, watch things, listen to things, C and Java programming, not a ton else.
>>
Why don't you want to use a mouse?
>>
>>55598576
Keyboard is objectively more efficient
>>
>>55598519
Awesome-wm, or just never use x-windows and stay in the console.
>>
>>55598615
Yes for programming, but not for browsing the web you retard
>>
>>55598519
>browse the web

You can't. Well you can, but that'd be painful. WWW was designed for use with the mouse.
>>
>>55598519
I eant things to be shit because I have nothing else to do in my life. I hope you picked arch linux at least
>>
>>55598519
you would need to use a tiling manager since you cannot mess with windows. you would probably need a vim like browser to webrowse via keyboard only.
>>
>>55599219
>>55599274
Vimperator has problems only with facebook messages.
>>
>>55598519
so, do you have a question ?
a lot of us here already to that..
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.