[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Moto Z is one of the prettiest phones i ever held And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: file.png (1 MB, 1323x945) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1323x945
>the Moto Z is one of the prettiest phones i ever held

And to think that i respected this review nigga.
>>
File: file.png (835 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
file.png
835 KB, 806x806
AYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 813x823) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 813x823
>this one seems a day 1 default addon
>>
File: cY6hb6X.png (163 KB, 392x324) Image search: [Google]
cY6hb6X.png
163 KB, 392x324
>>55598004
>frisbee club shirt
>>
File: jfmsuf.jpg (425 KB, 1323x945) Image search: [Google]
jfmsuf.jpg
425 KB, 1323x945
>>55598056
>>
>pretty phone

That would imply there is any difference between phones look.

There isn't.
>>
>>55598289
There is.
>>
>>55598004
Where did he steal that from?
>>
>>55598404
its funny because he is black xd
>>
>>55598004
the front looks disgusting, but the sides and the back on the gold one is insane.
>>
>>55598004
>i respected this review nigga.
lol.

Not even reddit takes him seriously. You're supposed to watch his videos for nice shots of the phone and nothing else.
>>
>>55598568
ohhh yeahhh that fucking huge bumppp hnhhhggg so sexyyy
and that featureless bezelll hnggggg
oh and that connectorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr my goddd

Just fuckinh KYS retard.
>>
>>55598004
how much did motorola paid technigger?
>>
His reviews are basically dbrand ads now
>>
>>55598685
Its Lenovo now.
>>
>>55598004
That thing is ugly as shit. I wouldn't use it even it was given to me for free.
>>
hahahaha nigga xdddd

Could not kek any harder.
>>
>>55598004
What's wrong with it
>>
>>55598758
Nothing, is beautiful.
>>
>>55598818
That camera is hideous, looks like a fucking door peephole
>>
>respect person that reviews mobile phones
>>
File: 6258apple_iphone_5_B.jpg.jpg (75 KB, 1100x1026) Image search: [Google]
6258apple_iphone_5_B.jpg.jpg
75 KB, 1100x1026
>>55598818
why the hell all those smartphones look exactly the same? How is this any different from an Iphone's rectangle glossy-stripes-on-a-matte-back?
>>
>expecting a nigger to have taste
>>
>>55598838
most consumers aren't actually hipsters, so a simple shape that rests easily on a table and fits nicely in pockets appeals to them more than being edgier and different from all the other people in the world.
>>
>>55598546
Here's your (You)
>>
File: motorola-cell_phones.jpg (114 KB, 430x444) Image search: [Google]
motorola-cell_phones.jpg
114 KB, 430x444
>>55598954
but that's not about being hip or on the edge of the curve, just a little diversification?
I understand that progress is all about setting standards, but even in noughties you could get all sorts of form-factors that flip, transform, morph themselves inside-out
>>
>>55598004
phone looks like shit, technig must be on some drugs
>>
>>55598994
yeah, and things that morph themselves inside out are surprisingly hard to make well. a contiguous volume allows manufacturers to pack things like battery capacity into every cubic millimeter that's left free by the rest of the electronics. hinges are just future break points (or immediate targets if someone wants to ruin your day).

you want diversification, but i'm pointing out that most of these things you want would dramatically detract from the usability of these devices on objective grounds. and i'm not even talking about the subjective standards-setting issue you bring up (although that is valid - a generic phone mount works largely because the assumption that your device is a rectangle with a screen on one side and ports on the top and/or bottom is rarely ever proven wrong).
>>
File: 14675651046840.jpg (38 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
14675651046840.jpg
38 KB, 448x448
>>55599045
Again, I don't mind being practical and setting standards for the most reliable option to be used broadly.
But it just defeats the purpose of having several bastards on the market, devising, basically, the same rectantle with same touch-controlled software.

I guess the only place for experiments is left for chinese noname knock-offs
>>
File: icon175x175.jpg (6 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175.jpg
6 KB, 175x175
>>55598715
Why not? Slaves are pretty expensive these days.
>>
>>55599071
i can't fathom how superficial your relationship is with mobile tech that these devices are all basically the same to you. there are similarities but i'd liken it to the similarities of cars. people aren't kicking the ground mumbling about the dearth of three-wheel cars just for the sake of being different, importing shitty chinese cars just to "experiment".

if you want to play around with shitty design ideas, then by all means go play with those toys. just don't come back in a few months insisting that your shit is better because it's less mainstream or something.
>>
>>55599098
oh you can't? Well then, let me list the things I used for my recent mobile phoning/computing means:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Nokia Asha 302
Sony Xperia Z ultra
JXD s7800b

So, going for a "you" related argument to defeat the someone else's point is redundant.
And yes, I had more fun with a mobile device, that complements their touch controls with buttons. So your supposedly accusing statements:
>your shit is better because it's less mainstream or something.
makes no sense, when you will understand that usability is subjective. Some people want extra-features on their mobile ringing thingie, some are not as picky.

Point is, I still haven't heard any measurable difference between Moto Z and Iphone 5 that will make me flip my shit in pursuing either of those interchangeable options
>>
In the video he talks about the usb-c to jack adapter.

Does the adapter have an integrated DAC, or usb-c can output analog signal?
>>
>>55598404
(You)
>>
>>55598627
You alright there?
>>
>>55598818
They made the camera even uglier that the one on samsung's devices
>>
>>55599312
why are more and more manufacturer getting rid of jack ?
>>
>>55599467
He wanted to go back and the companies didn't.
>>
>>55599312
Yes. usbc can output digital and analog.
>>55599467
They fell for the jackless rumor of iphone 7. It will be interesting to see the iphone 7 ship with a jack.
>>
>>55599512
>It will be interesting to see the iphone 7 ship with a jack
Or with no jack but with USB-C instead of lightning.

I want to see the tears of all those cunts who wasted a lot of money for those lightning headphones that came out because of that rumor.
>>
File: failure.gif (2 MB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
failure.gif
2 MB, 400x263
>>55598004
I used to think about him as someone really cool and articulate, but over time he is just boring and very lax in criticism. Not even sure if he is technically apt, apart from how to shoot a video...

How can anyone praise battery life as great because he last whole day on it? That always ruffles my jimmies, are you fucking niggering on the phone for 8 hours? WTF are you doing all day?
Even if thats his case he should kinda realize that its not the norm and find some different metric.

I think phone companies need big kick in the teeth for the battery... how come small xiaomi redmi 3 has 4000 mAh battery and this faggot will be telling me that larger OP3 with 3000mAh is something he is fine with and ranks it great. I guess he does not want to be negative, and he makes occasionally of hand remarks, but I really feel like he might want to actually grow a spine

Also he only reviews flagships and he actually does reviews of notebooks, if those notebooks are made by apple... which feels like shilling for easy views

his headphones reviews are meh and he recommends shit, check https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeosReviews to actually see substance over form
>>
>>55599521
He's likely paid by those companies (either in money or review units he can sell afterwards), and he wants to keep them pleased so they will keep giving him stuff to review.
>>
>>55599521
>goes to ZeosReviews
>clicks on latest video
>finds half naked anime girl
I see what you mean
>>
File: 1298579904318.jpg (42 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1298579904318.jpg
42 KB, 512x384
>>55599540
doubt it
he has more than enough from youtube alone
his channel worth is around $60 million
his annual income is guessed at around 500k
more closely to million with selling of his brand of skins and accessories

Its just that he made it and he is lazy now, or fearful of fucking up the good thing
lazy means he reviews 8 known flagship, expensive phones and he is set
shit on cheaper ones, dont bother with any notebooks just mackbooks cause they are safe bet in bringing few hundreds thousands earn through views without scaring average viewers with some strange names, like dell XPS 13 or thinkpad 13, those names are confusing and new and scary... just tell me which phone to buy black phone guy

he is not selling out, no need to accuse him of that, he is just more about style than substance and playing it safe.
>>
>>55599627
>he has enough money so it's unlikely that he wants more.
It doesn't work like that.
Besides, he still wants to get those review units to make the videos and get YT money, so obviously he has an interest in keeping those companies happy.

Agreed on the fact that he doesn't review stuff other than flagship phones and a couple of other things though.
He doesn't need to so he doesn't waste time/effort doing it.

>he is not selling out, no need to accuse him of that, he is just more about style than substance and playing it safe.
I don't think it's just him, but almost everybody else too.
A company isn't going to give you exclusive access to their review units before everybody else if you paint their products in a bad light.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a hypothesis that we can't dismiss.
>>
>>55599674
but he does not strike me as someone with some early access, he got his users he does not need to fight for spot anymore
companies want and beg him to review their units because you wont find too much critical stuff from him and he has huge following of users and review of less known phone like OP3 can substantially change companies market standing
>>
>>55599704
Exactly. That's what I'm saying. They give him products because he doesn't paint them under a bad light. Whether he does it on purpose or not we can't know, but the trend is clear.

>but he does not strike me as someone with some early access, he got his users he does not need to fight for spot anymore
He's not fighting for a spot overall as a channel, but his video fight for a spot as the go-to review every time. If he's not one fo the first ones, most people aren't going to watch his video of a product that they already watched a review of by someone else.
Not to mention how his followers will be disappointed if he doesn't upload in time (and we know how Internet people can be demanding and self-entitled).
>>
>>55599627
>his channel worth is around $60 million
>his annual income is guessed at around 500k
Source?
>>
>his annual income is guessed at around 500k
That dBrand skin sponsorship deal he never discloses sure is lucrative. It would be a shame if something happened to it.
>>
>>55599074
Underrated
>>
>>55600095
The nigga is rich, there is no doubt about that, not sure about the specifics, but he es loaded.
>>
>>55600399
I'm not doubting he has money.
I'm doubting his channel is valued at 60 millions and want to know if it's true or if the guy made it up sicne I didn't find anything on Google.
>>
>>55598838
Metal phones need somewhere to route antennal bands

The 6P uses its glass visor and a plastic strip
>>
>>55599521
Laptops are so specialized based on needs that it's pretty impossible to review all of the relevant ones
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.