[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH LINUX THEMES? LOOK THAT SHIT!!!!! I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wtffff.png (88 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
wtffff.png
88 KB, 750x600
WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH LINUX THEMES?
LOOK THAT SHIT!!!!!

I just want a nice dark theme.
anyone knows a dark theme that not fuck everything?

fuck you gtk3
>>
i agree
>>
It's a bug in compatibility with old themes and recent builds of GTK 3

bitch at the theme dev to update their shit
>>
>>55597720
>gtk
>not openbox-themes

pshh, nothin' personnel kid
>>
>i'm stupid and can't read the countless of discussions on the internet about the recent major gtk theming change

You're an idiot.
>>
>>55597720
The GTK people are the worst. They constantly break backward compatibility, and some of the developers even going so far as to say that there should be no support at all for themes and addons. They only seem to care about the newest version of their gnome desktop.
>>
Gtk 2 was the last good gtk
>>
File: ehh.gif (655 KB, 248x287) Image search: [Google]
ehh.gif
655 KB, 248x287
>GTK
This blogpost is still very relevant if you want to know why GTK is so horrible.
https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/

Here is another more recent one about censoring the bugtracker of GTK:
https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2015/06/04/red-hat-gnome-developers-censoring-gtk-bugtracker/
>>
>>55597720
arc dark or numix are popular
>>
>>55597720
Spaces aren't modern! Don't worry, every normal person will actually be able to tell the menu options apart EASIER than if they had been physically separated! You wouldn't want to use a deprecated GUI for baby ducks, would you?
>>
And then lintards talk about inconsistency in win10 ui.
>>
is this the new desktop thread
here IT IS
>>
>>55598462

Stop using it or writing your software to use GTK. Whom are we kidding, you're not even writing GTK software.
>>
>>55597720
>gtk3
there's your problem
just fucking join the qt master race
>>
>>55597720
you're on gtk+-3.20 or later. Your problem is solved by downgrading to gtk+-3.18.
https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-themes/issues/114
Fucking gtkfags deserve to die in a fire. Currently downloading shit in qt and recompiling my existing packets to be qt-compatible.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.