[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hacking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 257x196
Hello /g/ I'm fairly new to coding and I'm very interested in the world of hacking, but I'm not quite sure where to start. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>55595544
Step 1: buy thinkpad
Step 2: install gentoo
Step 3: you're officially a hacker
>>
all you need is an axe my friend. Lumberjack clothing optional
>>
>>55595544
hacking is something professionals do to solve some problem using existing technology, that the existing technology was not originally built to solve.
>>
>>55595544
https://stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html
>>
>>55595544
I don't care what you think of OpenBSD as an OS, install it (spare machine, dual boot, VM, I don't give a fuck) and learn it inside and out. Make is as secure as possible, and then learn how to breach it. If you can hack a hardened OpenBSD system, anything else will be cake.

There used to be a Linux distro called Damn Insecure Linux or something like that. The idea was that it gave you a completely ass-fucked system by default, and your job was to learn how to secure it. Unfortunately I don't think it's actively maintained any longer.
>>
>>55595544
Start by buying 4chan pass
>>
If you want to do "hacking" you definitely need to learn C first. Learning the basics of C++ is probably a requirement but honestly if you don't care about all that design pattern stuff you don't have to learn a great detail. I'd still suggest you learn C++.

It goes without saying you need to learn assembly. Some people say you should start with x86. Honestly, x86-64 (64 bit assembly) isn't a whole lot harder to learn that x86 (32 bit assembly). Assembly is just memorizing the essential instructions, the two forms of syntax, and how to read the instruction set manual for the other 9999999 instructions out there.

For C, I'd really recommend Practical C Programming, O'Reily (by Steve Oualline). C has a (relatively) basic syntax, but is quite low level and like assembly there are some details that are easily missed. This book tears away the fluff and gets to the juicy bits.

You can get this knowledge from books but you don't have to. For assembly and essential security-related programming I'd recommend this site:

http://www.opensecuritytraining.info

some courses don't have videos, but they're short and get to the point. With books you can miss the subtle details of assembly if you end up just speed-reading (don't lie, you're SKIMMING) some of the pages that don't have pretty pictures. I'd suggest watching the 'Introductory x86' and following along, then reading the slides for 'Introductory x86-64', which unfortunately doesn't have released videos.
>>
>>55595544
Look into kali linux for a distro that has a bunch of centralized hacking tools all in one place. As for starting out, pick some software you have used or like. Break it. Tear it apart and make it do things it's not supposed to. Then rebuild it. Make it better, and break it again. Improve it over time, make it harder to break. Do this to get into the mindset needed for a hacker.

Don't think you'll be intercepting wpa passphrases or be a master at network sniffing after a week. Learn programming, and build lots of projects. Create a testing lab to hack safely with. It's a very long process, and there are no shortcuts. Buy a decent book and look into certifications like CEH and Security+ when you're ready.

Good luck, and please don't be an idiot and do something illegal and get caught.
>>
To become a l33t h4x0r you must go to imagefap and search for loli
>>
>>55595753
>Honestly, x86-64 (64 bit assembly) isn't a whole lot harder to learn that x86
Why would it be?
>>
>>55595544
Throw your iPhone into the trash.
>>
>>55595850
calling conventions are a bit more complex
more registers to memorize
>>
>>55595853
/thread
>>
>>55595853
Oh fuck off
>>
>>55595916
y u mad tho
>>
Here's an excellent tutorial to get you started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQqrnX7BsM
>>
what laptop stickers are most hacker /g/
>>
>>55595753
I started teaching myself how to program not too long ago, and I've been working through both C Primer Plus (6th edition) and C++ Primer (5th edition). I was going through Head First C but dropped it because I did not enjoy the exercises. I don't know how skilled OP is with computers, but I can work easily through both.

I think it's better if you learn how to program C and C++ on a Unix-like system. There's no excuse to not try to at least switch nowadays.

Just my two cents as a beginner programmer who might be interested in studying computer science in university.
>>
>>55596269
get lainchan stickers
>>
Hey retard you asked this question last week and you had the same picture. Were you not satisfied with the answer? Let me guess you want a simple 3 step procedure to hacking your friend or the girl you are crushing on. Fucking retard.
>>
>>55595577
Double dubs of death have spoken
>>
>>55597460
The more information that I can obtain the better
>>
>>55597778
You're just being a fucking moron. Do you know how to use google?
>>
>>55597843
Did you just read what I said? The more information the better
>>
File: laughing.png (353 KB, 613x495) Image search: [Google]
laughing.png
353 KB, 613x495
>>55597855
How about you stop being such a loser and wanting to be spoonfed
>>
>>55597860
So I'm a loser because I use my recourses to obtain knowledge about subjects that I'm interested in?
>>
>>55597893
No you're a loser because you come onto /g/ trying to gain "knowledge" or "intelligence" cause you're just some retarded tech illiterate windows-using microcuck CS dropout
>>
>>55597898
Haha that makes sense so because I don't know anything about hacking I'm not aloud to learn? Because I'm a retard and illiterate on the subject?
>>
>>55597893
>recourses

There's a lot of reasons why you're a looser OP. Complete inability to expand on provided information without guidance is but one of them, and without that ability, you're going to get nowhere.
>>
File: 202341.png (711 KB, 739x607) Image search: [Google]
202341.png
711 KB, 739x607
>>55597914
Funny thing is, in a year you'll still be where you are today. Completely and utterly helpless
>>
File: 023424.png (132 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
023424.png
132 KB, 500x334
>>55597893
>>55597914
>>
>>55595544
The fact you don't now where to start is enough of an indicator that you are not actually interested.

I work in aviation. I got into aviation because at a young age I got interested in aircraft. I would spend my time lurking small airports (pre-9/11), sitting in libraries reading anything that may have the word "aircraft" in it, pestering mechanics at open days, and generally being as crafty as I could to get where I wanted.

This was before we had internet, so there's that too.

If you WERE actually interested, you would have already found your angle. "Fuck, this system is interesting, i wonder how it works", had a look at the components, and started to break it down from there. You would have already used the greatest fucking resource of info known to man since the Library of Alexandria to start researching those components, and instead of asking for broad info, you'd be here asking specific questions that demonstrate both a level of aptitude, and an interest in self learning. You are displaying neither. You are not "interested", you just want to be one of the cool guys. But you want to be a cool guy for all the wrong reasons, and you definitely do not have the curiosity required to fiddle with and break systems

Find another hobby, quit wasting our time, and stop making this fucking thread.
>>
HOW DO I MAKE A USB MOD FOR PS4 GTA ONLINE WITHOUT JAILBREAKING MY CONSOLE
>>
>>55597986
This was a really good answer.
>>
>>55597986
Saving this for the next time OP posts this thread
>>
File: 97b4caa1c.png (628 KB, 1162x494) Image search: [Google]
97b4caa1c.png
628 KB, 1162x494
>>55597996
>>55597997
>>55597998
>6
>7
>8
>>
>>55597986
Although you make many valid points, and I appreciate it, but I am most certainly NOT trying to be one of the "cool guys". I'm just simply interested in that subject
>>
>>55598031

https://www.google.com/#q=hacking
https://www.bing.com/search?q=hacking
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hacking&t=ffsb&ia=about

Take your pick
>>
>>55595621
>>55595612
>>55595626
Stallman can be as wrong as he wants but the english language defines words as what they are most commonly used as
eat shit
>>
OP, did you even bother to search /g/ before making this thread? The /netsec/ general has like 5 mentions of hacking and "how to hack" right in the OP. If you aren't able to use a basic search tool, you either aren't smart enough, skilled enough or resourceful enough to be a hacker.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.