[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I officially relinquish my apple fanboy card to the memory hole.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: poster_large_2x.jpg (210 KB, 1696x960) Image search: [Google]
poster_large_2x.jpg
210 KB, 1696x960
I officially relinquish my apple fanboy card to the memory hole. I still appreciate the Unix-based macOS and the design elements of Apple hardware, but the price for a such locked down system isn't very accessible. I'm going to move on to a newer Thinkpad (replacing the keyboard and TN panel, and dual booting Arch) and eventually a nice desktop for my photo editing and multimedia consumption.

Anyone else losing faith in Apple?
>>
>>55594773
Apple software is fine but the fact that you HAVE to buy the hardware to use it is bullshit. I love OSX but fuck Apple. Also MacOS was great when it started, it had a really good and promising start and even better when it started using clang. Around 2011-2012 is when it started going downhill.

I think 2007-2008 macbooks and software were the peak of Apple. After that it became worse and worse in many ways.

And I'm typing this from El Capitan on an old macbook.
>>
File: 1458139183417.png (156 KB, 1213x636) Image search: [Google]
1458139183417.png
156 KB, 1213x636
>>55594845
>Apple software is fine
>>
>>55594773

> the price for a such locked down system isn't very accessible

in my local market the pricing is pretty much equivalent to lenovo hardware, but both apple and lenovo are more expensive than dell.

>Anyone else losing faith in Apple?

the lack of new Mac hardware is disturbing. ipad pros and ios 10 are not quite good enough to be a casual use replacement for something like a macbook.
>>
Nah, they're just as good as ever. They're really taking technology where it needs to be going, despite all the freetards.
>>
>>55594845
they dropped the ball with Yosemite but El Capitan is great. Sierra looks whatever, and I'm never going to use Siri.
>>
>>55594940
Happens to every software.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.