[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATM HACKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: atm.png (510 KB, 613x666) Image search: [Google]
atm.png
510 KB, 613x666
$2 million stolen from ATMs by hackers without even using a card

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/14/news/bank-atm-heist-taiwan/index.html
>>
File: 1444846947901.jpg (46 KB, 431x415) Image search: [Google]
1444846947901.jpg
46 KB, 431x415
>>55590175

Can't wait to see the economy crash due to too many gentoomen.
>>
How did the Malware get in there in the first place.
>>
if their such great hackers y didnt they delete the pictures??
>>
>>55590175
so? I'm pretty sure anyone could do this if they tried and had a bit of common sense
>>
File: Bill_y'know.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bill_y'know.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>55590220
ATM's aren't exactly hard to get to.

...but probably through the """security""" chip that is supposedly infallible.
>>
>>55590175
I work at a PCS company some dude had a tutorial open for this. Is it legit and how can I do it ?
>>
>>55590220
ATMs probably using old Windows, so either some exploit that crash the system so it boots windows or some other technique.
>>
>>55590175
>>55590220

Windozz happened
>>
>>55590175
ATM's have like 10k$ in them right? maybe 20k max

talking about >100 machines to get to 2m and they got away with it. nice bank.
>>
They probably had to overload the OS with just the buttons but i dont see how that is possible.

Kind of reminds me of this guy, made and entire program inside the game just by playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6eY73sLV0
>>
>>55591814
Not bad for a night's work
>>
in Germany hackers managed to shove a USB cable through the wall and plug it into the ATM
and install a malware.

now the Genius part only the boss has a master code he gives his henchman a code who enters it over the pin keys the ATM gives 1000€ out.
so the boss can give his man 10 codes and wants to see 10000€ afterwards.
>>
>>55590733
ATMs where I live use Windows xp, I know this because one blues reeled and rebooted when I was using it
>>
I've seen my rural towns atm back. It has a display some rj45 plugs and usb. And Windows xp. I wonder how easy would it be to plug something in that machine when the bank is crowded.
>>
>>55592862
Blue screened*
>>
>>55592862
WinXP still gets enterprise support.
>>
>>55590175
What kind of retard would not use a mask when stealing two fucking million dollars.
>>
>>55593621
russians
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.