[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackberry thread anyone? Who is using one? Are you happy with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: BlackBerry-10-logo-vc8.png (48 KB, 472x248) Image search: [Google]
BlackBerry-10-logo-vc8.png
48 KB, 472x248
Blackberry thread anyone? Who is using one? Are you happy with it? Do you think it has a future?
>>
File: IMG.png (354 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG.png
354 KB, 1440x1440
Bb10 is dead.
10.3.3 keeps getting delayed and I doubt it will have anything decent updates.
The browser lags and crashes regularly and desperately needs updating. Doesn't support LetsEncrypt certs.
Android runtime will probably be removed in 10.4 though I hope they update it.
>>
>>55588387
>Android runtime will probably be removed in 10.4

Why would they kill off the only source of apps for BB10?
>>
File: Kin Sale.jpg (161 KB, 1200x751) Image search: [Google]
Kin Sale.jpg
161 KB, 1200x751
Dead technology thread?
>>
File: Classic-HandsOn-11-970-80.jpg (76 KB, 970x544) Image search: [Google]
Classic-HandsOn-11-970-80.jpg
76 KB, 970x544
>>55588274
I have a BlackBerry Classic and I'm pretty happy with it. I dont need any apps except Chess-wise and Whatsapp (They will stop supporting BB10 by the end of the year). I dont need a high performance phone either, I only text, call, browse or play chess and the chess app is pretty fucking good. I wouldn't want any other phone
>>
>>55588424
Because they have an android phone now and as I understand it the condition for OEMs to get Google Android (i.e. Have Google play services installed) is they don't create non Google Android phones.
The android runtime in bb10 probably conflicts with this. Potentially blackberry and Google have come up with a temporary deal a year or so.
>>
>>55588469
Google probably doesn't care since BB is so tiny now
>>
My buddys job gabe him a BBPassport as a work phone. After measing with it for a while i can say i want to go back to blackberry. Had a 9630 years ago and loved it. Android fucking blows.
>>
>>55588505
But they do care about android. If your seen given one company a free pass then other companies will come a knocking
There are two ways Google could handle the android runtime on bb10.
1. Tell blackberry to disable it, or
2. Put Google play services on bb10

2 would allow me to run all android apps and would be pretty cool but blackberry would need to update the runtime. I doubt they would put the effort to doing it.
Hence I think 1 is what will actually happen. Blackberry could claim it was to improve security and that they are being enterprise focused
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.