[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best program for taking notes on math, etc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 487x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 487x600
other than pen and paper of course
>>
>>55587769
Easier classes I notebook everything with those 4 color pens and paper. Harder classes I notebook in pencil or pen and recopy on my computer using LaTeX.
>>
>>55587769
Learn LaTex
>>
>>55587769
TeX

i guess you can do something in Pages (iWork) too
but TeX would end up easier and faster
>>
>other than pen and paper
pencil and paper
>>
OneNote + tablet with digitizer pen.
>>
>>55587769
>>55587828
And maybe a scanner if you want digital version.
>>
>>55587828
Damn. I wanted to make that joke.
>>
What latex template do you use?
>>
>>55587769
There's probably no "best program" for this, as it has so much to do with preference. I would recommend using LaTeX with text editor of choice, with some sane template and relevant packages.
>>
>>55587769
You need to be able to freehand your notes in class, if you're constantly learning new latex you'll fall behind. Use a drawing tablet or a notebook and then type them up later.
>>
>>55587769
Take a look at org-mode in Emacs. People who need LaTeX use it, and it has a bunch of keybindings that make text editing fast when you get used to them.
>>
>>55588608
bump
>>
>>55587769
Notepad :^)
>>
>>55587769
What's wrong with a pencil and paper? You'll almost always be able to copy any symbol a lecturer throws at you without having to reference anything, and if you want a neat copy, just shove it into LaTeX or whatever later when you have time.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.