[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phone power packs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 31zmK-EiITL._SY400_.jpg (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
31zmK-EiITL._SY400_.jpg
9 KB, 400x400
What's /g/'s opinion of power packs? Considering getting pick related for my phone for long trips. Are they worth getting or are they not actually that useful at all?
>>
>>55587373

They are so fucking worth getting. They're my answer to all the big gay babies who complain about not having a swappable battery. These things give you extra charge just as well, except they charge anything -- past, present, or future, within reason -- instead of just working on one specific model of device.

I recommend the Anker PowerCore 20000mAh battery. It's never done me wrong.
>>
File: 1289577375268.jpg (7 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1289577375268.jpg
7 KB, 208x199
>>55587373
>buying a phone with a battery that is so shit you need carry around batteries to charge the battery
>mfw

Just buy a phone with a reasonable battery ffs. This would be like buying a car with a tiny gas tank and then towing around a trailer with a gas tank in it — its retarded not to mention highly inefficient.
>>
>>55587729
I use one of these when I'm camping and shit, IU wouldn't want to carry a battery around with a 5 day battery, shit would be heavy and lame.
>>
>>55587747
Okay, sorry you are right. They are fine if you use them for situations like that. But carrying them day-to-day is retarded.
>>
>>55587373
I really wish a phone existed with a small internal battery and a larger swappable battery so you could hot swap batteries like the new chinkpads. Shit would be so cash with an external battery charger.
>>
I've got one I got from some Microsoft conference for free. It's alright, not great. I'm going to SDCC this year and I think I may pick up a better battery to bring with me since I'll be unable to access a charger for an extended period of time. Planning on using my GoPro for pics so I won't drain my phone taking pictures at least.
>>
>>55587796
Nice try appleshill.
>>
>>55587373
>leaving your room to play pokemon go is not going on a long trip
>>
>>55587777

Any Pokemon Go player will tell you that isn't true. They'll tell you that battery packs can be godsends.
>>
File: 1338246684398.jpg (24 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1338246684398.jpg
24 KB, 247x204
>>55587777
>>
I got one as a present, but so far I never ran into a situation, when my phone (Lumia 640 dual sim) would run out of battery in critical moment and I recharge it every 2-3 days anyway, never gone past 30%.

At the other hand, my mother have the very same phone and somehow she managed to deplate battery completely while using maps at car, so powerbank was useful for her.

I really think it depends on what you use your phone for.
>>
Just get a phone with a large battery you cuck
>>
>>55588380

>restricting your choice in phones to only those with an autism-sized battery
>>
>>55587373
Buy Anker. They have many models. Read the stats and purchase something that can give you at least TWO full charges. Never anything less.
>>
>>55587373
You will know it if you need one.
>>
>>55589481

OP here, the one I'm looking at in the OP pic has a mAH capacity which is 8 times that of my phone so I would assume that would be enough
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.