[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad a bottleneck would an intel Q9550 quadcore 3Ghz and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (28 KB, 400x126) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 400x126
How bad a bottleneck would an intel Q9550 quadcore 3Ghz and GTX 1080 produce, my mobo uses PCIe2.0 i havent feel the need to upgrade them in a loooong time?

Also im currently using a radeon HD 7950 (PCIe3.0 on a 2,0 port)
>>
>>55586428
You're already bottlenecking the shit out of your 7950.
>>
>>55587500
how can i exactly measure this?
>>
>>55587512
Go compare the framerates you get in games on your machine to those on hardware tech review sites.
>>
>>55587512
he is bullshitting.
It should be equivalent at least overclocked to a higher end i5.
>>
>>55587663
i kind of know he is since i can play last releases quite fine at 1440p, however Im still looking for a way to measure this bottlenecking thing since its quite intriguing,
>>
>>55587691
i actually have the idea to put a gtx 1080 in this setup just to see how much does it run in general, i can top the clock rates on my gpu and my cpu usually never goes above 80% while playing games, reason of why i havent upgraded in such a long time, im having lag problems with xcom 2 but thats mostly because its not optimized at all, hasnt stopped me from putting in 530 hours at maax settings (with no AA since it gets fucked up)
>>
>>55587723
>i can top the clock rates on my gpu and my cpu usually never goes above 80%
This indicates you dont have bottleneck.
I had 480GTX runnin on E6750 and while playing games the CPU would hit 100% while the gpu would only use 60% of the capacity.
That thing has plenty more horsepower.
You should be fine and if you get 1080 instead at las make a thread about it I wanna see the results how the gpu operates on LGA775 platform.
Just make sure the PCI-E is compatible with the board.
>>
>>55587833
PCIe its backwards compatible so it should be work since my current 7950 is PCIe3.0 just like the 1080 is, but im still looking for a more accurate way to measure bottlenecking, my other alternative is to upgrade the moBo Ram and CPU for a :

Intel Core I7 4790k + Ga-z97mx + 16gb Fury

In order to see the differences but still whatever path i follow i want to know the truth and measure it, since its kind of crazy that i can still run last gen games with a 10 year old rig and a 5 year old gpu
>>
>>55586428
I have owned both a QX9650 and an i5-3570k. The 3570k is noticeably faster and proved the 9650 to be a bottleneck in performance.
>>
>>55586428
This has already been tested, ignore the idiots in this thread. You are bottlenecking hard.

LinusDickTips did a video on it.
>>
>>55588830
>linus
wew
>>
>>55588867
>anything by linus is wrong just because it's Linus

You're a fucking retard
>>
>>55586428
Depends on game. It can range anywhere from severe to inconsequential. I have a GTX 980 on PCI-E 1.1 and that certainly isn't a problem and the card easily gets normal performance in synthetic benchmarks and games, but my processor is really old and weak so that bottlenecks some games.
>>
>>55588830
SAUCE
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.