[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Password Managers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
Going to start using a password manager since I use the same password for almost everything.

What I'm confused about though is what happens if you need to access an account from another PC? For example I install 1Password, iCloud keychain or something (What is OUR recommended password manager?) on my home PC and some time later on a foreign PC I want to access my email. Am I fucked?
>>
>>55584985
Just use Keypass and stick a copy of the software and your db on a usb stick encrypted with something like Truecrypt.
>>
1. Don't use 1password, use pass instead ( http://www.passwordstore.org ).
2. Use git to sync the encrypted files.
>>
Keepass is the only answer.

Everything else is gay cloud botnet shit.
>>
lastpass works with every desktop browser and also mobile phones.
>>
>>55585000
>>55585306
Marketers
>>
>>55584985
keepass or bust
>>
Lmao what the fuck why would you need software just for managing passwords
I thought /g/ was against bloatware
Nigga chuck those passwords in a .txt file on a USB and put the USB in a draw
You're the type of people to install Gmail clients
>>
>>55585740
Pulling out a USB every time you want to type in a password

Fuck outta here idiot
>>
>>55585740
>putting passwords in a plain text file where they can easily be accessed if found
>>
>>55585761
Typing in an address and downloading cloud software every time you want to type in a password

Fuck off nigger idiot
>>
>>55585785
You download the manager once, dipshit
>>
>>55585785
It's all stored on your pc
>>
>>55585791
On every pc.
>>
>>55585803
You have 100 PCs or something?
>>
>>55585278
Nice git tip
>>
>not remembering all your passwords
kek, are you fucking dumb millenials?
>>
>>55585893
>remembering all of my 20+ character passwords
I'm not the rain man.
>>
>>55585927
then it will take maybe few days longer. it's not rocket science. just sit and start learning them now.
>>
>>55585946
>just learn 20odd 20+ random character passwords!
>>
>>55584985
1. Don't open your accounts on foreign pcs (best option)
2. Open the db on your mobile device and type in the password manually (or bluetooth it over if you want). That way if there is a keylogger all they get is the one password.
3. IF you trust the foreign pc AND are going to be using it frequently, download your database (from Dropbox or wherever you store it) and use it normally. This is not advisable in general.
>>
>>55585671
those darn free software marketers.

fuck you and your shitty proprietary cloud shit you are trying to shill.
>>
>>55584985
I have been using Keepass with the database in my dropbox for years. Works perfect.
>>
KeepassX
>>
For passwords that you need to access on the move you should memorise them.
Really. You should not open your database on a computer you don't trust.
>>
>>55586253
>You should not open your database on a computer you don't trust.
Who ever said doing that?

I mean, fuck. You shouldn't access any of your accounts on a computer you don't trust.

If you don't trust it to open your db then you shouldn't be typing any of your passwords on it either.
>>
>>55586305
Well presumably the foreign PC is running proprietary software.
Can't trust that shit.
>>
Use pen and paper

t. Bruce Schneier
>>
>>55585628
this
>>
Use keepassX. Put the DB on Dropbox. Now it's available on all of your PCs. There are also plenty of mobile apps that can use it, make sure you pick one with Dropbox support.
>>
>>55585740
>fbi raids your house while you're in the shower
>you don't have time to destroy the usb
>all you're shit is compromised
Do you even /fucko/?
>>
>>55586534
That's why I personally store mine in my ass.
>>
>>55584985
your brain memory
>>
>>55586403
I use study cards.
But I'll soon reach the point where I have to organize them. (O(n) isn't that great.)
>>
File: 1455018904642.gif (1 MB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
1455018904642.gif
1 MB, 1200x666
>>55585740
>Nigga chuck those passwords in a .txt file on a USB and put the USB in a draw
>>
pen and paper
all things considered, still the least vulnerable password manager
>>
I store my passwords in an encrypted text file. I also have a printed copy stored in a safe deposit box so in the rare event that I lose my disk and backups I can just go to my bank, withdraw the paper, write it into a text file and decrypt it.
>>
>>55585628
Yeah sure anon go ahead and just hand over your passwords to a US company and their government mandated backdoor
>>
Or.. OR you could just have easily memorized passwords for everything instead of using retarded 30+ character passwords you need a fucking program to memorize.

I swear to god 99% of you who say HURRDURR THE FBI GUNN' RAID are referring to your mothers finding your loli collection.
>>
>>55590502
Why should I use less safe passwords for services that I only have to configure once? (email, bookmark sync et c.)
>>
>>55590461
They already have them anyway.

The only sure way to keep the jews out of your computer is with an air gap, That's it, There is no other way.
>>
Carry it on your phone, or carry around a PasswordCard with your master password.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.