[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this happen? Fresh restart ~6 hours ago, zero programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: mysteryram.jpg (281 KB, 1111x758) Image search: [Google]
mysteryram.jpg
281 KB, 1111x758
Why does this happen?

Fresh restart ~6 hours ago, zero programs launched since then, and memory fills up with... nothing.

If I run some stuff it will slowly displace the nothing that's eating RAM. However after I close those programs, the free space is slowly re-consumed. It doesn't happen all the time. If I'm doing something that's I/O or CPU intensive and RAM reaches near 100%, everything bogs down to a slideshow.

Please note the size of the largest program running, and the TOTAL size of listed non-OS programs running is less than 500MB out of 8GB available. It's not search indexing, there's plenty of virtual memory, there is no malware and installing more RAM did not help (had 4GB, same behavior but worse results because of the smaller pool).

What the heck is going on?
>>
>>55584671
One of the processes thats running is leaking memory. I'm honestly suprised it hasnt crashed yet. How about you uninstall all that retarded shit, then reinstall it one by one until the problem reappears.?

Then you'll know which program is leaking..
>>
>>55584736
Actually, you should uninstall half the optional stuff. If that fixes it then reinstall half the uninstalled stuff. Otherwise uninstall half the remaining optional stuff.
And so on until you have isolated the bad bit.
Much quicker than doing one at a time.
>>
>>55584671
its known issue with of the updates on win7. there is a way to fix this,either blocking the exact ( they are multiple ones) svchost.exe from running or by running a tool m$(?) created to update and fix it. i remember there was a link in the microshill site about a year ago while i was searching for a solution.
>>
>>55584773
Science wins!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.