[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
in need of tech guru. does anyone know how to get large numbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Samsug-microSD-PRO.jpg (46 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
Samsug-microSD-PRO.jpg
46 KB, 600x416
in need of tech guru. does anyone know how to get large numbers of files reliably onto an SD card. I want to load 128GB of mp3 onto a micro sd card but the transfers never work in the end. tried a few different cards. and a few different transfer methods. so far as i understand the problem is just that FAT32 sucks at high capacity
>>
>>55583444
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55583444
use exfat
>>
128gb maybe if they were Flac but I doubt that much good music exists.
>>
>>55583444
exFAT or NTFS if your phone supports it. Transfer speed it entirely up to the microSD card in question though. I have a generic class 10 card in my phone, tablet, and Chromebook. All Microcenter branded but are Kingston stuff underneath. Lucky to get sustained 10MB/s when transferring a lot of shit.
>>
>>55583489
>audio files have to be music

Well boy do I have an exciting thing to tell you about
>>
but if i use exfat i dont think my lossless mp3 will recognize it? wondering if theres like a piece of software or something that is designed to reliably fill a 128GB sd card with fat32 somehow
>>
btw i have a xduoo x3 lossless mp3 player. takes two 128GB cards. no1 try and tell me the problem is the player. its not. its for sure the cards. and ive tried two different brands, three different cards
>>
>>55583444
>128gb of mp3
I guess they'll be v0 or 320 cbr, if so that would've been 64gb of opus 128 with the same transparency.

mp3 a shit
>>
>>55583444
Format the SD card as exFAT or NTFS. If your phone isn't a piece of shit it should work. Test it after formatting by copying one file to it and see if you can then copy it to your phone.
>>
>>55583725
isn't vorbis the same thing except more supported?
>>
>>55583444
Are you using MTP or USB mass storage? MTP is slow as shit
>>
sorry. am total noob. cards have been using exFAT all along not FAT32. all my problems have been with exFAT. cards will not format to NTFS
>>
I sync music files using MusicBee. It will automatically add new songs and update existing songs when I plug in my phone to my laptop.
>>
>>55583755
yeah sort of

still more efficient that mp3
>>
Use teracopy now fuck off and never comevack.
>>
oh ill be back. some day. 2-3 times a year i have something that makes it worth coming on this site to get help from yall degenerates. will try this teracopy. thanks anon
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.