[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best unix/linix im a noob just good in gay windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n9bsieb2hP1tvivc3o1_1280.jpg (173 KB, 672x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9bsieb2hP1tvivc3o1_1280.jpg
173 KB, 672x1000
What is the best unix/linix im a noob just good in gay windows
>>
Good in windows? Explain this.
>>
manjaro, amazing repo, awesome support. Simple installer software. Community support. Arch for lazy people. Distros are all different though. It all boils down to your personal opinion. Install a VM and try all Desktop distros. Ubuntu, Manjaro, fedora, mint, etc.
>>
>>55580680

Thanks for you tips :D
>>
>>55580705
no problem. More people using linux=larger makret share for linux=more games developed for linux. So this is benefiting me to. One day I will no longer have to dual boot
>>
>>55580735
well i guess if im lazy ubuntu is the right choise right=?
>>
>>55580782
correct.
>>
>>55580793
How can i do dual boot on win fking 10?
>>
>>55580793
although keep in mind the devs have proven to possibly be dumber than a newbie so watch out for those jewish tricks. They've done and said some stupid things. All are fixable but annoying and embarassing for the most popular distro on the web to make
>>
>>55580635
A thread of illiterate, moron (likely underaged) gaymers.

>>>/v/ is over there.
>>
>>55580809
dual booting, I just use a separate drive but there are built in partition managers in the installer images for linux
>>
>>55581817
You're going to run into a learning curve, the best way to get around this is to google your problem or what you don't know how to do and watch a you tube viseo
>>
>>55580809
First, you need to make a partition for Linux.. For this, you can use EaseUS Partition Manager. You'll have to reduce the size of your Windows partition and create a new one in the empty space where you intend to install Linux. See that your Linux partition has at least 32 GB, the more the better. You should also make another 4 GB partition. No need to format them. Make sure this is a primary partition if your hard disk partitioning style is MBR.

Then, when you install Linux, you will need to select the options to make your own disk configuration. Set it to use your Linux partition as /, and your 4 GB partition as swap.

The installer will take care of installing GRUB, which will in turn detect Windows along with Linux and make a boot menu for both. GRUB will be installed on your Linux partition and will be set up as your boot loader.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.