[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh great wise ones I come to you with a question. my pc is i5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1376928795186.gif (842 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
1376928795186.gif
842 KB, 180x240
oh great wise ones I come to you with a question.
my pc is i5 4690 with an aftermarket cooler, 16gb ram, and a 760 4gb card. my idling temperatures are 30-40 depending on what bullshit i might be looking at. when gaming however my cpu will go to around 55 and my graphics card will go anywhere from 55 to 70, the 70 being on games such as bf4. large maps and such. my question is for the graphics card. would it be worth upgrading to the 960 with the acx 2 cooler for better card temperatures. its strange i know but i feel more comfortable the cooler my computer runs. i have two intake in the front, an intake on the side, 1 exhaust out the back and 2 exhausts on the top. any help will be appreciated, thank you.
>>
>>55580405

Add better intake and exhaust fans.

Reapply thermal paste.
>>
>>55580458
appreciate the quick response. have corsair for all case fans. both air flow and static pressure in the correct spots. have also re applied thermal paste using arctic mx4. biggest question is would the temps be lower with the different card? different cooling seeing as how with mine there is a flaw where a heatpipe doesnt have perfect contact. also a card that might have to work less? im nowhere near as wise as you scholars, i just appreciate the advice.
>>
shemale
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.