[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does as time goes by Android becomes slower and slower on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1460693818462.png (367 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
1460693818462.png
367 KB, 588x588
Why does as time goes by Android becomes slower and slower on a smartphone?
>>
>>55580060
Chinese SD cards don't usually have TRIM support.
>>
>>55580060
Because their target users don't have any alternatives, so it's not something worth spending time and money on to improve.
>>
This happens with any device. Flash storage degrades, RAM requirements increase, and they seem to put smaller and smaller batteries making them shit.
>>
>>55580060
Because newer versions of an OS has more features and uses more system resources, which older hardware will eventually struggle to provide.

Like iPhone 4s on ios 9
>>
>>55580076
>Flash storage degrades
Only noticeable in a phone lifetime if it's extremely cheap shit.
>>
>>55580067
OS are stored on SD cards now?
>>
>>55580060

1) Because you install shit that hogs your memory
2) You use more storage and the NAND gets slower
3) Newer versions of Android use more CPU / RAM for (background) tasks
>>
>>55580060
>Android becomes slower and slower
all smartphones get slower with age
>>
>>55580087

Nexus 7 2012 with the bad IO controller. Granted that was the 16GB model. 8GB was fine in the beginning but the storage actually degraded horribly.
>>
>>55580060
They want to make sure that you'll buy dat sick 2017 pocket computer (tm).
>>
>>55580106
>bad IO controller
Well, another example of jewing at small parts. A decent flash storage will easy last over 5 years, usually even longer but who keeps their shit that long.
>>
>>55580077
A phone from 2011. Did Galaxy S3 and S4 even get Marshmallow on time? At all?
>>
>>55580093
So If I don't update my phone and uninstall all the shits from it will it runs at the same level of performance for years?
>>
is there an official guide to actually prevent this from happening? i just got a new phone and im already worrying about when its gonna start slowing down for seemingly no reason
>>
>>55580060
I don't know but this is exactly my experience with windows, i have already tried to be careful with downloading everything from trusted sources and avoiding to install too much programs and disabling any unnecessary program from the start, even services.
>>
>>55580933
>windows
There's your problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.