[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SVP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: SVP.png (21 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
SVP.png
21 KB, 128x128
What's /g/'s opinion on Smooth Video Project? I bought it because I like to support developers who make great shit. Also I fucking love watching movies on my 144Hz monitor.

For the uninitiated, SVP interpolates movies so you can watch 24 fps movies at your monitor refresh rate. You can use it for free but in the paid version you have some more features like black bar removal and performance enhancement.
>>
>>55579187
It kind of looks like shit in my opinion. Some things look good but others look completely fake. It would be better if it was able to dynamically interpolate.
>>
>>55579325
If by dynamically interpolate you mean interpolate while you are watching the movie, that is actually the sole purpose of SVP.
>>
Its too ambitious. Even some of the best interpolating software is only used to go 50<>60, 24<>25 and 25<>30.

Going like 24>75 was always going to look shit.
>>
>>55579187

SVP is amazing. Increased FPS makes me feel like I'm really part of the movie/show/whatever.

Kinda makes you wish you didn't have to use a special program to unlock the extra frames. I wish they'd make them optional, at least on blu rays.
>>
>>55579187
Can it increase resolution and look less shit that just increasing image size?

I wanna watch db and dbz, which I downloaded back in adsl days, took 6 months but the episodes turned out to be 240p.

While it's not as unbearable as it may seem, I would naturally like something a bit better without needing to download 80GB or some other insane sized download.

ADSL2+ isn't on par with that kind of download
>>
>>55581705
Bump
>>
>>55579187
>I bought it
what are you doing nigga
they're russian fuckheads who stole gpl code
>>
>>55579187

>giving ivan your money
>>
>>55582577
What?
>>
>>55582577
>they're russian fuckheads who stole gpl code
Source on the stolen GPL code?
>>
>>55582577
You're a fucking liar.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.