[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever bought an OS Anon? Do you dual boot with Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1430947113128s.jpg (7 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1430947113128s.jpg
7 KB, 231x244
Have you ever bought an OS Anon?
Do you dual boot with Windows that you got when you bought your computer with Loonix?
Download your OS?

What OS are you running?
>>
Got Windows 7 included with the price of my laptop, upgraded to 8 for 20 bucks, now on 10 for free.
>>
>>55577811
> What OS are you running?
GNU
>>
>>55577811
Got a stack off windows license's keys for free while I was studying. Could never pay $200 for software that is this much work. Fuck windows. Still use it though.
>>
File: 1419634349580.jpg (125 KB, 600x464) Image search: [Google]
1419634349580.jpg
125 KB, 600x464
>>55577842
This to be honest!
I wish I could btfo windows. But I use too many meme programs to fully switch over to the software of freedom.

I got a 250 GB partition that I have dedicated to using Ubuntu.. But... I don't know why I should. It is smooth, good looking, better GUI, BUT... My meme programs/gaymens..
>>
>>55577811
>Have you ever bought an OS
Yes, Windows 8. I switched PCs though, so now I have to use AutoKMS like a normal human being.
I also bought Vista back when it came out.
>Do you dual boot--
Not anymore. Fuck desktop Linux.
>Download your OS?
Yes.
>What OS--
Windows 8 on one computer, 10 on the other.
>>
>>55577918
Downloaded as in illegal downloading I meant.
I guess you just DL:ed it?

Man you must have felt fucked after getting Vista?

Why fuck desktop Linus, and what Loonix do you prefer?

How is botnet 10?
>>
>Have you ever bought an OS
Nope. Either torrented or downloaded from DreamSpark.
>Do you dual boot with Windows that you got when you bought your computer with Loonix?
Only on my T420. I have 7 and Fedora 24 installed on that.
>What OS are you running?
8.1 on desktop, 7 and Fedora 24 on T420.
>>
>>55577958
Not afraid of malicious OS:es when you DL it? Data leaks etc?

Why dual boot? What are your primary goals with using your computer?

8.1 here too. I dislike it. But I am to lazy to care, all windows is shit essentially..
>>
>>55577953
I illegally downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise. Windows 10, no, just got Pro through Microsoft's official downloader.
Never had any issues with Vista. Still not sure why people bitch about it.
I don't have the patience to deal with Linux anymore. Grew up, I guess. Windows is pretty easy to beat into compliance, and you get to have a non-broken desktop environment and play GTA V and shit once you're done.
I've only been using Botnet 10 for a few days now. The single biggest fucking gripe I have with it is the driver update thing, where Windows overwrites your new driver with an old one whenever it feels like it. The "don't download drivers" setting no longer does shit and you can't just block the update like you could in Windows 8. Now you have to use Group Policy to block all driver installs for that device so the update errors out. But yeah, other than that it's been decent.
>>
>>55577999
I generally double check to make sure the OS hasn't been modified before installing, but since I've gotten my DreamSpark from my college, I haven't had to torrent any copies of Windows. I don't really have any reason to dual boot as I use my ThinkPad for bed browsing, but I did primarily use Windows while doing my internship a while back. I prefer 8.1 over 7 because it adds some improvements, and with a simple program such as Start8 or Classic Shell, you can block the start screen. I like to think of it as an improved 7.
>>
>Have you ever bought an OS Anon?
No, but I donate $20/mo to OpenBSD
>Do you dual boot with Windows that you got when you bought your computer with Loonix?
I dualboot Debian and OS X on my desktop, my laptop has OpenBSD, my netbook has OpenBSD, POSReady 2009, and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise, and my UMPC has OpenBSD and POSReady2009
>Download your OS?
yes
>What OS are you running?
OS X, OpenBSD, POSReady 2009, Debian, WE8.1
>>
I bought a Windows 8 key for $10 or so. I never use it, switched to Linux a few months after buying it.
>>
>>55577811
windows 7 on my GAYMEN/general AV editing PC

arch ganoo+loonix on my memepad for programming and generally being portable
>>
Only independently bought Windows 95.
>>
>>55577892
Linux user here. Stay with your software and games. I made the mistake to use Linux 2 years, couldn't do quality shit with it. I like how secure and private is Linux, but that's pretty much about it. Stay with your softwarr but at least be productive. You will have newer software on Windows than Ubuntu, for example Gimp, Kdenlive, etc. You can find new vetsions in the ppas, although they are not always new. I moved to Windows 10 yesterday and I feel much better, at least I can do other things than checking for updates, trying to work with Gimp and fix Krita for bad rendering and missing icons.
>>
>>55577811
Windows 7
i have no reason to be on linux
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.