[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I pirate a movie I was never going to buy or rent in the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png (89 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png
89 KB, 2000x1333
If I pirate a movie I was never going to buy or rent in the first place, does that even affect the studio who made it?
>>
>>55577725
Yes. Just like how sales people will increase their sales through the numbers game by talking to more people. If there were less people to talk to, then it affects the whole numbers game. The same principle applies to pirating ALTHOUGH since they get the product, it's an extra variable, some people even argue that pirating increases exposure.

Neither side has strong scientific backing, but to answer your question, yes, it does affect them. Whether it affects them positively or negatively, no one knows
>>
Look at the end of the day you want whatever it is for free and whether or not that's moral is up for debate due to the fact that there is no physical medium lost as a result.

But I just don't get why people try to have these weird fucking philosophical questions based on pirating. You obviously want something and you don't want to pay for it, it's pretty cut and dry on why you're doing it. Don't pretend like you have some sort of upper hand and are the moral crusader gunning for our rights when you want to torrent game of thrones. Whether or not it's right is irrelevant just fucking own up to it
>>
>>55577725
Screw them pirate it and enjoy you're not going to make any kind of dent in their profits.

It's like arguing about NEETs downloading chinese cartoons, it won't give anyone money to begin with so who cares.
>>
You have two sides to the coin.

On one side, you're consuming their product and potentially going to talk about it. You could be a potential means for advertising for this product.

On the other side, this product costs resources to make. It's generally made under the assumption that they will make some sort of profit on the product thus being able to make more of it potentially.

Your call.
>>
Amen
>>
>>55577785

>YEAH! FUCK ANYONE MAKING A PROFIT, THEY'RE ALL SOULESS CORPORATIONS THAT RUN ON EVIL AND NON-FREEDUMS XDDDDD RMS FOR LYFE XDDDD

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/11/acrying-shame-world-of-goo-piracy-rate-near-90/

Yup, it's not like peoples lives depend on the doors of their business being open tomorrow.

I wouldn't expect a bunch of worthless NEETs to understand that though.
>>
>>55577725
If it wasn't good enough to buy anyway, couldn't you just not watch it?
>>
>>55577725
If you liked it enough then you should buy it.
>>
>>55579689
this
>>
Yes because by promoting it you create more potential purchases and therefore more potential money for them.
>>
>>55577822
>world-of-goo

those retards should have released on mobile.
>>
>>55577776
/thread
>>
>>55577725
If you torrent the movie you're contributing to torrent speeds and consecuentially to general consumer satisfaction with torrenting, which means people who are deciding between paying for the movie and pirating it are now more likely to choose pirating.
>>
>>55577725
if you were never going to pay for it anyway, then there is no harm done.
>>
>>55581646
>seeding
>>
>>55583135

I'd talk shit to you but I don't seed either. Feels bad man.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.