[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's stopping /g/ from opening a git repo and collaborating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Web-Browser1_1.jpg (35 KB, 400x428) Image search: [Google]
Web-Browser1_1.jpg
35 KB, 400x428
What's stopping /g/ from opening a git repo and collaborating on their own browser to address the ">muh SJW firefux" or the ">muh ram hungry botnet" issues? Even if nobody besides /g/ used it, it'd surely be worth it. Surely there's a FEW competent programmers here.
>>
Lets do it!
I'll start making the logo
>>
>>55576382
I'm being serious for once, Anon. I want an alternative browser and a project to spend time on, and I think this is a good idea.
>>
>>55576398
He's serious too. Nobody on /g/ has the skill or motivation to actually do such a thing. All they want to do is complain.
>>
>>55576363
Sure, make sure to get donations from morons and then run away with the money like the tox guy did
>>
File: neo g.jpg (19 KB, 745x478) Image search: [Google]
neo g.jpg
19 KB, 745x478
>>55576363
Because is does not involve the dankest GPUs you silly :^)
>>
>>55576859
>your gpu is twice as wide
holy shit
>>
>>55576482
/g/ used to be better tho
the GPU cancer is spreading all over
>>
>>55576363
Because 99% of the people on /g/ are NEETS that can't program for shit.
>>
>>55576363
>muh SJW firefox

i haven't heard this before, source?
>>
>>55576363
No need.

There are a lot of browsers for pc/notebook tier devices and for tiny/small/huge touch devices.

I moved from dead opera to palemoon on desktop and after 5 browsers and 3 months I ended up with lighting on android. I bet everybody else can pick what has the least count of problems for them as well.

And making your own browser? Are you kidding right? Maybe if we lived in era where only netscape and ie were a thing. Now with all the modern things it would be HUGE time sink just to support html, css and broken js engine on a broken slow rendering stack.

Or do you mean only the gui around and fork existing engines? That has been done 10+ and doing it again would be just wasting our precious time reserved to shitposting.

And if you want to make logos so much, invest your time into developing and crafting new meme supported by god like hi res picture :-)
>>
>>55576363
http://www.logicalincrements.com/firefox/
If you want something done right, do it yourself. Besides, most users have their own preferences.
>>
>>55576902
lol no, /g/'s projects always failed.
>>
>>55576964
This is all from memory so take it with a grain of salt. But the new (well, not really new now) CEO of Mozilla is a SJW or atleast thinks apeasing to the SJW croud is somehow necessary for the company to survive. I've heard about a Reddit AMA where an employee told everyone about how the company hired some dumb useless bitch who was basically only there to be their resident feminist. To cut a long story short, she was dumb as hell and nobody liked her, and instead of going full damage control and trying to cover up that their hiring policy sucks they openly admitted that they dont give a shit by telling everyone that they were going to try and track down this rebel employee and fire him.

Also incase you don't know Firefox has a front page (Kinda like google) when you first start it up with their version of the google doodle. While i can't give any specific examples they are alot of the time really progressive "Yay liberalism!" kinda stuff. You know "Firefox PROUDLY supportes WOMENS RIGHTS" kinda shit.
>>
>>55576363
>What's stopping /g/ from opening a git repo
gitgud.net
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.