[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thank you so much google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: fuckyougoogle1.png (61 KB, 1242x615) Image search: [Google]
fuckyougoogle1.png
61 KB, 1242x615
google literally took over my screen when i went to do a search to inform me that they are going to make my life so much easier by using a new technique to better show me ads catered to my interests.

the way it is described is so weird, like ads are a part of the web browsing experience that i WANT, and therefor we should look into making them more fitting for me.

google literally thinks they have just cornered the market on the internet as a whole and they can pull this shit. i couldnt believe when this shit popped up it was so strange.

this shit infuriates me to be perfectly honest.
>>
>not using ublock origin
lmao
>>
>>55575488
Google can take my soul if they wanted.
>>
>>55575488
They are leaders on advertising and a technology powerhouse, I am pretty confident they know how to do their job.

And actually they're giving you more options to control what they do with the data, isn't that good?
>>
>>55575789

they are giving you the ILLUSION that you have more control of over what they do with your data, and at the same time putting you to work by making you customize your own ad consumption for best optimization.

>gooood goy make it easier for us to sell you shit isnt the internet FUN arent we making your experience so much better!
>>
>>55575488

It annoys me that google's strategy with this kind of thing is to interrupt whatever you're trying to do and make you take action to make it go away and continue with whatever you were trying to do, but I guess most people won't ever bother investigating/digging into the settings if they don't. It's just a consequence of how vast their user base is.

But for real when I'm trying to get directions on my phone to somewhere in the 10seconds I'm at a stoplight and they won't let me search until I click 'Got it' on their message telling me that they have some new pitstop feature or local map storage or some shit it's kind of a safety hazard. I know I shouldn't be using my phone while driving but that's the whole point of maps' navigation feature so...
>>
>>55575942

i think THE MOST annoying thing is how it does that "you are now on the fastest route to your location despite moderate traffic blah blah blah" and there is like a progress bar going across the screen while it says this shit that has NO USE WHATSOEVER and you cant do anything within the app during it.
>>
>>55576037

anyone with me on this one?
>>
>>55575488
Fuck yes. I am so pissed about this too.
Man, when is it time for /g/ to have its' revolution?
I wish I wasn't a depressed fucking loser, then I would fuck shit up kekekekeke
>>
>giving you more control over the data Google collects and how it's used
THANK YOU GOOGLE OVERLORDS YOU'RE SO GENEROUS
>>
File: 1441476491299.jpg (204 KB, 731x960) Image search: [Google]
1441476491299.jpg
204 KB, 731x960
>>55576037
The most annoying part is when Google asks me to give them access to controlling my phone at anytime to collect data to make my experience better.
Google, go fuck yourselves.
How the fuck should we escape the botnet? Cyanogenmod is selling out too.
Used to run CM google free and just used .apk and f-droid apps.
Am I anonymous yet?!
>>
>>55577457

just give up dude. no way to be anonymous anymore.
>>
File: 1463932159243.jpg (70 KB, 506x386) Image search: [Google]
1463932159243.jpg
70 KB, 506x386
>>>55577457 (You)
Dear Mr. Sundai Pichai, get the fuck out of my harddrive and phone please.
You are exactly what is wrong with the world.
We are just giving up and giving away our data.
"I ain't hiding nuttin, so I no need privacy!"

Fuck the world honestly.
>>
File: 1446846917020.jpg (135 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1446846917020.jpg
135 KB, 960x960
>>55577669

i think kids have it the worst. I wasnt actively searching/browsing the internet all the time until I was like 17 because Im an oldfag. And I didnt have a computer in my pocket broadcasting my every move/audio/video of everything until I was like 23.

Nowadays kids have a computer on them documenting their life in detail pretty much since they are able to coordinate their arms with their eyeballs.

shit is going to be insane in like 10-20 years when every single adult has their entire life on file somewhere in a server. ah who am i kidding that time is now.
>>
File: 1436060676228.jpg (35 KB, 520x262) Image search: [Google]
1436060676228.jpg
35 KB, 520x262
>>55577765
I got "exposed" to computers at around 4-5 with the old Amiga 500. My dad used to build websites when the internet was new.
Then I got internet home and holy shit I was wreckless. Man I have noo idea how many old men I have showed myself to man.
I want my younger brothers to get used to the internet. But I want to teach them how the fuck to use it too...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.