[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just built a new pc but the heatsink is too big for the case.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: moQbNbQsaKXS2mOiKmnxhqQ.jpg (11 KB, 225x217) Image search: [Google]
moQbNbQsaKXS2mOiKmnxhqQ.jpg
11 KB, 225x217
I just built a new pc but the heatsink is too big for the case. whats the worst that can happen if i leave the side panel off?
>>
>>55575251
get a shit ton of dust and something might acidently get in there
>>
>>55575251
>he didnt check dimensions
>>
>>55575251
Nice research fagget. Get pwned.
>>
>not using the stock cooler
>>
>not cutting the top off the heatsink
>or a hole in the side panel

you not allowed to use power tools or something?
>>
Engineer your own panel! Your the captain of this ship!
>>
If its only centimeter, bend the fucking side panel. If more, cut a hole for it, if you dont want to expose the side open.
Best solution is to get a decent case that can accomolade any huge heatsink.
>>
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7alkZxywg
>>
>>55575251
Get physical with the side panel until it complies with your demands.
>>
>>55575380
His paws got rekt lmao.
>>
>>55575401
They're super weak. You can stop one with your nutsack and be fine.
>>
>>55575420
Depending on which manufacturer, its really hard to cut and draw blood, unless you are trying to do it.
>>
>>55575437
Unless you sharpen the blades or have a metal one its not likely a standard 120mm fan would harm you.even if you ate it while in operation.
>>
>>55575251
Dust

You just have to clean it more often, if your PC has poor air flow then I would advise you to leave the panel off for lower temps, I have one PC that I have removed both panels and the top so I could install more fans for a higher overclock.
>>
>>55575251
The cat could get in.
You could kick the heatsink and damage the motherboard.
>>
>>55575251
Most manufacturers prepare for this and make their heat sinks like a spring, check yours and see if it has spaces between the metal, if so you are in luck.

Set your heat sink CPU side down place a book above it and gently hammer it down to fill in the extra space and to reduce the size. Be sure to use a book so it will flatten evenly and you do not damage the metal. Then use alcohol to clean the CPU side.
Good Luck
>>
>>55575705
Thanks Anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.