[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I could have been the one to make Pokemon GO >I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1468136712351.jpg (20 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1468136712351.jpg
20 KB, 500x404
>I could have been the one to make Pokemon GO
>I could have been millionaire

if only this idea would came to me before
>>
>>55574585
nintendo would have sued for a million dollars instead
>>
>>55574585
It literally still isn't too late.

You literally could make an AR version of Monster Rancher (obviously not use the same monster but same idea) and it'd probably fucking explode in popularity.
>>
>>55574593

desu I'm sure we could have worked a deal out

anyway the main point of this topic is about how simple ideas can bring millions
>>
>>55574721
what;s a Monster Rancher?
>>
>>55574721

Bro, for me the golden rule is "if me, myself,I havent heard about it, it wont get famous"

I never heard about Monster Rancher.
>>
>>55574740

Simple ideas can bring in millions, yes, but don't lament.

As >>55574593 said, you would've had to get The Pokemon Company's approval and navigate through the red tape to deal with licensing.

Honestly, I don't think this is something 'one guy' could've made. You would've needed a company that's been somewhat established and the ability to have lawyers and shit to work it out.

Don't lament man, this one is for the big companies.
>>
>>55574761
>>55574766
That's a failure due to MARKETING, not due to poor execution.

If you execute it well, and do the marketing on it well, it would certainly succeed.
>>
im constantly having ideas only to find out later that some cunt thought of it first
>>
Guys, fast, think what do normies need that they don't know they need, so I can create it and earn a shitload of money
>>
File: 1443579222448.gif (1 MB, 330x249) Image search: [Google]
1443579222448.gif
1 MB, 330x249
>>55574585
Every kid and their grandma had the idea to make Pokemon go ever since the DSi came out with augmented reality. You just never went and did it.
>>
And after all these years, I still don't know wtf a pokemon is.
I just don't get it man.
>>
>>55575282
It's code for I'm porking your mom right now.
>>
File: keel bill toucan.jpg (171 KB, 1477x1149) Image search: [Google]
keel bill toucan.jpg
171 KB, 1477x1149
Post dinosaurs
>>
>>55574585
First you would have to invent a franchise that was a fad 20 years ago.

Then you would have to sit on your ass for a few years releasing nothing but rehashes.

And then when those original kids grew up then and only then you'd release your AR game.

Let's face it this AR shit has been done many times before, but it took the power of nostalgia to make people actually play it.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
>>55574585
>geocaching is a new tecnology invented by Nintendo
I'm surprised they haven't done something like this a lot sooner desu. I mean the whole concept behind Pokemon was made for this sort of thing.
>>
>>55574985
Direction in life?
>>
>>55574585
All of the value is in the license to use Pokémon, which you could never get.
>>
>>55575990
This. I would never play Ingress or w/e.

It's sells because it's Pokemon
>>
First of all, you would need access to the Pokemon license. The Pokemon Company wouldn't just give it out to absolutely anyone, you'd need lots of money as well as enough of a reputation to be trusted with it. Niantic were also the ex-Google Earth developers, so they already had years of experience when it came to that sort of thing as well.
>>
Funny.

I actually pitched the idea to make an in the wild pokemon clone to my friend (with robots instead of pokemon). And two months later google released their aprils fool's video with googlemaps pokemon edition.

That was what? 2 years ago. I am not sad though. While pogo is a simple game mechanic wise i would've never been able to develop a proper AR solution let alone a decent tracking and distribution method for pokemon. Tbh it kinda feels good to me to have predicted so precisely a billion dollar game. (Although i was surely not the only one).
>>
>>55577163
Funny.

I actually pitched the idea to make an in the wild pokemon clone to my friend. And 18 years later google released their aprils fool's video with googlemaps pokemon edition.

That was what? 18 years ago. I am not sad though. While pogo is a simple game mechanic wise i would've never been able to develop a proper AR solution let alone a decent tracking and distribution method for pokemon. Tbh it kinda feels good to me to have predicted so precisely a billion dollar game. (Although i was surely not the only one).
>>
>>55574985
Copy a simple mobile game that can be played mindlessly, change the name, make the graphics even more colorful and you're done.
>>
Brace yourselves for a merciless storm of shitty geocaching pokemon clones.

I wonder how long it will take until EA, Sony and Gameloft to figure out that pokemon go solemnly rides on the waves of nostalgia.
>>
Make a Pokemon GO clone with VR and you'll be a billionaire instead and probably kill a few thousands in the process.
>>
>>55574585
Even with all that money at the end of the day OP would still be a giant fucking faggot.
>>
>>55577320
brb, gonna make a clone on iOS and put high value geocaches in the middle of highways
>>
>>55576171
Pokemon go is just a better marketed version of Ingress, it's a brand that everyone is familiar with
>>
>>55574585
That's not a good example, as a lot of the success of Pokémon Go has to do with the brand name etc. A better example is maybe something like flappy bird, which is simple as fuck, requires next to no work or skills. Just the idea and some luck.
>>
>>55575386
What does her pussy feel like?
>>
>>55574840
You're a cool guy.
>>
remember that someone made angry birds and flappy bird, and now they're rich as shit.

It's like you have to retard yourself enough so you can properly appeal to the masses to be popular.
>>
>>55574585
You can still make money on dank memes :^

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468530505508.webm
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468530797268.webm
>>
the worse feeling is having an idea for a monster battle AR game and then getting stuck on what to use for the IP. I would've had it transfer the apk over bluetooth along with some data file from the sender to create mutations on what monsters could be created as well.

This only really got huge because it's playing off hipsters and nostalgia.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.