[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much money have you spent on tech in the last 5 years? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1466116182839.png (157 KB, 819x590) Image search: [Google]
1466116182839.png
157 KB, 819x590
How much money have you spent on tech in the last 5 years?

What would you do if you had that whole amount as a lump sum right now?

Would you be happier if you had that money and none of the tech you bought instead of all of the tech an none of the money?
>>
File: 1468490547175.jpg (341 KB, 650x2220) Image search: [Google]
1468490547175.jpg
341 KB, 650x2220
>>
Roughly $500.
1 used Thinkpad several years ago (but the mobo went kaputt)
1 new craptop because I couldn't find anything decent at local store (even the ones that costed 2x as much as I paid were lame)
I guess I'm stuck using this one until it breaks, because my needs are very, very low. Pretty much use command-line for everything, and avoid Web 2.0 sites.
I doubt I'd do much differently. Well they had another laptop with 13-inch screen but no hard drive that looked pretty cool. Maybe I'd get that one instead, if only because using text mode on 16:9 15-inch screen feels just plain goofy (but I love me some text mode).
Uh, I gotta buy a cable for my Nintendo DS soon, but that's all of $5.
>>
I got a wii + 200€ worth of games over that time and later a new PC for about 400€, at most 500 for various accesories.
I wish i spent more and got the PC earlier, bacause i was into bitcoins back then but mining on a laptop dualcore wit integrated intel graphics wasnt effective. Had i joined the glorious PC masterace earlier i would have made all that money back with a good profit
>>
>How much money have you spent on tech in the last 5 years?
$4k or $5k
>What would you do if you had that whole amount as a lump sum right now?
Build a workstation
>8c/64t POWER8 CPU
>32GB RAM
>240GB SSD
>put the rest towards a 2560x2048 monitor
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.