[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he isn't learning the programming language of the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 KB, 267x189
>he isn't learning the programming language of the future
>>
Obviously SML is the language of the future.
Every language is just slowly trying to become SML.
So you should simply switch to programming in SML now.
>>
>>55571711
No
>>
>push element to the end of a million element list
>do operation on it
>entire program grinds to an halt
On a different note, is Haskell still compiled to a C-like language before being compiled into machine code?
>>
learning it? it's my job
>>
>>55569687
>he thinks a language with a shit tier eco system and a garbage community, that introduces possibilities of errors to get rid of errors is the language of the future
>>
>>55572256
What job requires hasklel?
>>
>>55569687
but anon, you're talking about the glorious Common Lisp while posting an image containing haskell logo...
>>
>>55572481

Professional space leaker
>>
>>55572138
>entire program grinds to an halt
The same applies to singly-linked lists without end references in C.

>>55572138
>On a different note, is Haskell still compiled to a C-like language before being compiled into machine code?
No. It goes through LLVM nowadays. Look up the backends on Trac.

>>55572460
>garbage community
That's why it has a garbage collector.

>>55572481
>What job requires hasklel?
That's not the only use. At some point you just realize a language or a tool can be used to solve problems and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.