[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who thought using usb type C on phones would be a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: belkin-usb-type-c-840x428.jpg (25 KB, 840x428) Image search: [Google]
belkin-usb-type-c-840x428.jpg
25 KB, 840x428
Who thought using usb type C on phones would be a good idea?
Been searching all morning for a fucking cable, i've been in 8 different stores and they didn't have it anywhere, most of them didn't even know it existed.
And now i'm unable to do my fucking job because i can't make calls.
>>
>>55569067
What? Every major electronics retailer has them for under $10

Why would you only have one cable anyway?
>>
>>55569087
dont reply to Australian threads.
>>
>>55569087
I know i can buy it off amazon and have it here tomorrow, but i needed it right now, and couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe it's because i live in a rural area in a third world shithole.
>>
>>55569100
sorry, I mean under $50 AUD then
>>
>>55569067
did you steal the phone you faggot ? Every phone comes with a fucking cable, are you retarded enough to lose one or did your hamfists broke it ?
>>
>>55569824
i forgot it in my flat in another city which is 300km away you nigger
>>
>>55570857
Retard confirmed
/thread
>>
>>55569067
Bought a Nexus 5X. Needed a type C to usb3. First fucking shop had that cable.
>>
>>55569067
>need it right now to do my job
>needs it so bad you have time to shit post and "go to 8 stores"

Yeah buddy, we believe you're an important employed business man you weeb
>>
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to move on from VGA cables? Ffs stagnate technology for my convenience.
>>
>>55569067
what is amazon
what is ebay
what is monoprice
>>
>>55571198

Digital (+ analog) DVI was a clear step forward from CRTs' legacy D-sub "VGA" analog, noise-susceptible connection. USB-C's only purpose is to accommodate idiots who can't distinguish which side goes up in the connector (and/or Apple fags who were shocked when Lightning was introduced and wanted the same on USB once they discovered symmetrical connectors could be a thing). Try harder.
>>
>>55569067
>Walk into a shop
>"Do you guys have USB Type C cables?"

>"We have Apple or Samsung cables over on the wall over there. Is that what you call the Samsung ones?"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
>>
>>55571198

I bet you're one of those idiots rooting for the removal of the 3.5mm audio jack.
>>
File: vape.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
vape.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>USB type C is a bad idea because I'm too careless

I forgot my charger at home. WHO THOUGHT MOBILE PHONES WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?
>>
>>55571249
>USB-C's only purpose is to accommodate idiots who can't distinguish which side goes up in the connector

I guess being 2x as fast is meaningless. We should definitely stop trying to improve things when you say they're good enough xD
>>
They are more durable, charge faster, transmit data faster, and they are an overall improvement that could lead to less different cables.

But sure, let us stop technological advance because you were enough of a retard not to order two additional usb C cables the minute you bought a phone that used usb C.
>>
>>55571343
It's relatively meaningless when only usb 2.0 is actually implemented
>>
>>55571343

Improving the transmission data rate by itself didn't require an incompatible connector.
>>
>>55571396
Quite literally arguing against the advancement of technology. Change everything about your life.

>>55571409
[citation needed]

Regardless, if the choice was there to make things more convenient, then taking it was the best choice.
>>
>>55569122
> Maybe it's because i live in a rural area in a third world shithole.

There's your problem.
>>
>>55571422

How come the ancient rj45 Ethernet connector is still relevant today while seeing ever-increasing speeds? Dead simple twisted-pairs cables never need to be upgraded, only transceivers do. It's the exact opposite of the dumb "active cable" concept idea used in USB Type-C, among the others, that after being forced on the consumer for no reason will be obsolete in record time.

And having to replace or buy adapters for all the electronic equipment produced in the last 20 years is the opposite of convenient to me.
>>
>>55571576
If you wanna go over 100BASE you need 4 pairs instead of 2
>>
>>55571409
Designing a whole new standard that far superior to the standard from 20 years ago required a new connector. Go buy an adapter.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.