[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coding programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: coding.jpg (326 KB, 1438x809) Image search: [Google]
coding.jpg
326 KB, 1438x809
Hey /g/, first year tech student
i need a source of where to dowload Dev C++ and a python developmet program please if you are kind

also coding general i guess
>>
>>55565478
you can get both from www.gentoo.org

thank me later
>>
We have an entire general dedicated to programming, you shitkid.
>>
use emacs
>>
Anything from JetBrains is excellent.

PyCharm for Python, and CLion for C++.

https://www.jetbrains.com/products.html?fromMenu
>>
Visual Studio is good to learn because it's pretty much an industry standard. Code Blocks is also good on Windows but the OS X version is outdated and crashes constantly. CLion is good all around (Windows and Mac) and is probably the best C++ IDE on OS X. Hell, anything by JetBrains is good.

Also learning to use a non-GUI based editor like Nano and Emacs while compiling from the terminal is essential.
>>
>>55566321
>Nano
Are there any plugins that make Nano less of a shit IDE?
>>
>>55566444
NANO IS NOT AN IDE
>>
>>55566444
nano is perfect
if you want IDE-esque features use an IDE.
>>
>>55566460
>>55566464
Ok niggers, I was just wondering if you could use it like one. I honestly just want bracket completion/curly brace/parentheses completion , auto indent, and highlighting of matching parentheses/curly braces. I could care less about having to exit the program to compile shit.
>>
File: neppu.jpg (97 KB, 480x604) Image search: [Google]
neppu.jpg
97 KB, 480x604
>>55566512
>auto-indent
Alt+I
>highlighting of matching symbols
Alt+]
>bracket completion
you don't need this, at all.
>>
>>55566444

People are being dicks but they're correct that Nano isn't an IDE it's simply a terminal text editor. It can be decent customized with the simplest being adding syntax highlighting.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/90013/how-do-i-enable-syntax-highlighting-in-nano

There are some other features you can add into it but I'll leave that to you to google.
>>
>>55566606
I already have syntax highlighting enabled, I just really need a plugin that highlights the closing curly brace when you hover over it's corresponding opening one and vice versa.

I can deal with the rest of Nano's shortcomings desu, the lack of that feature just makes programming shit in Lisp family languages an absolute nightmare.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.