[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TELEGRAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: nuevo logo telegram.png (4 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
nuevo logo telegram.png
4 KB, 282x179
Do you have and like Telegram?
>>
No. I'm not ISIS.
>>
Yeah.

>tfw no good decentralized p2p style chatting application
>>
>>55564245
Is there a market for terrorist apps? Does ISIS have its own in-house programmers or do they outsource?
>>
I use Kik, just because that is what most people use, and it's never given me any problems.
>>
>>55564225
Yes, shame about insecurity but the ui is nice
>>
>>55564264

>Does ISIS have its own in-house programmers

The CIA.
>>
>>55564264
No they rely on existing tech mainly. Even PSN apparently for secure messaging but authorities probably just want you to believe in that false security.
>>
>>55564264
There is a market for them, but it's mostly towelheads uploading and reuploading them onto google play. They have their own twitter botnet, download the app, sign into a twitter account, and some syrian will shitpost in your name
>>
Telegram has shit security
>>
>>55564225
>using Telegram
>not using Signal
shiggy diggy
>>
>>55564676
>google play services
nigga...
>>
>>55564769
>1998+18
>not using microG
>>
>>55564769
What is encryption for 500 Alex.
>>
>>55564769
Telegram's server is proprietary too, unlike TextSecure
>>
>>55564225
Telegram's encryption is compromised.
>>
>>55564277
This
>>
>>55564942
prove it
>>
I like the way it has support for many platforms and the desktop clients are comfy and fast. Has a bunch of feature that are welcome but doesn't really clutter the service. I also love those dank stickers.
>>
>>55566572
We don't need to prove it.
The burden of proof lays with them to prove it's not compromised.

The problem is they CANT prove it's not compromised because they won't let anyone audit the code.

Best part is the people who made Telegram say they're encryption algorithm is secure but NONE OF THEM are Cryptologists and actually know Cryptology. THEY'RE MATHEMATICIANS!

Rule #1 of Crypto: If you don't know Cryptology like the back of your hand, DON'T ROLE YOUR OWN CRYPTO AND CLAIM IT'S SECURE!

Fucking new fags.
>>
>>55564676
>Relying on a shitty company that dropped its warrant canary
Fuck off nigga
>>
>>55566685
i undestend compromised like broken rigth now
maybe is not the more strong ting on the universe but... its broken just now?
i mean you can read the text and this tings...
or can u change the messages ?
if u can u sould take the botin of telegram :v
>>
>>55566767
>dropped its warrant canary
Sauce?
>>
>>55567101
Read it a few days ago in slashdot
>>
>>55567120
AFAIK TextSecure never had a warrant canary, and I can't find any article about dropping one
>>
>>55566853
Compromised doesn't have to be _right now_
It can be later.
You only have to look up "Telegram" + "secure?" to find a myriad of people who ACTUALL KNOW WHAT THEY"RE DOING tell you not to use it because it's crypto is custom in-house shit that people who didn't know what they were doing, made.

You can't trust it. /thread.
>>
>>55566685
No you do need to prove it as you are the one making the claim. I can claim to be the Queen of England and then say to you prove I'm not according to your logic. Why so passionate about it boy?
>>
>>55568387
They are the ones saying it's secure, ergo it's up to them to provide us with the evidence that it IS in fact, secure.

If you literally cannot google about Telegrams security to see literally any Cryptologist worth their salt tell you how fucking shit it is.
>>>/getout/
>>
Yes

Yes
>>
Yes

Yes

>I like it better than Messenger, since you're not being spied on automatically
>>
>>55564225
Supports filesharing for any files, and actual gif/webm support as well.
Whatsapp has fallen behind.
>>
Yes and Yes
>>
Don't know anyone who uses it. I regrettably have to use WhatsApp, messenger and the stock SMS app.

I'd get disa but I don't know how secure it is. Is there a better alternative?
>>
>>55564225
someone here got me to look into it, but i couldn't figure out how to make an account
>>
>>55564225
Yes and yes.
We are all using it with friends, family, business partners.

It's a great tool.
>>
>>55572830
This senpai
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.