[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S HABBENING THEY'VE ACTIVATED THE BOTNET htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
IT'S HABBENING

THEY'VE ACTIVATED THE BOTNET

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36783345
>>
File: spurdo_lasit.png (5 KB, 435x269) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_lasit.png
5 KB, 435x269
Holy kekkeroni
>>
File: kerm.png (297 KB, 642x431) Image search: [Google]
kerm.png
297 KB, 642x431
Natural selection at work.
>>
>>55559595
It's cool, he's going to tweet a post to his blog.
>>
File: cartman.jpg (33 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
cartman.jpg
33 KB, 592x592
>>55559595
>http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36783345

rise of the machines
>>
People die every day in accidents, big whoop
>>
>use feature in way it wasn't designed for
>crash
>BOTNET BOTNET TESLA CRASHED HIM ON PURPOSE
it's fucking experimental and you agree to assume responsibility when you turn it on. It's still perfectly possible to drive it like a normal car LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO TRAVELLED ON THAT ROAD.
>>
>>55559595
>they could've avoided all this headache by calling it "cruise control"
>>
>>55559595
but more importantly tesla has its own black box right there in the car

>"The data suggests that the driver's hands were not on the steering wheel, as no force was detected on the steering wheel for over two minutes after autosteer was engaged - even a very small amount of force, such as one hand resting on the wheel, will be detected.
>>
>>55562294
Doesn't surprise me it would have one, considering how huge of a liability risk this "autopilot" feature is.
Don't most modern cars these days have some form of a black box that contains details of how a vehicle crashed?
>>
>>55562341
>Don't most modern cars these days have some form of a black box that contains details of how a vehicle crashed?

lol no
>>
>>55562341
My 2013 corolla has one so I'd assume so for most cars

>mfw the advertised multifunction display is just a digital thing (the black and green ones that use 8's to show things) under the tachometer that shows mpg, temp, and range.
>>
>>55562383
>>55562385
I remember I recently read an article about a guy I knew in a modern pick up truck, who slammed into an old guy's car killing him. When the police investigated, they were able to extract data from his truck, such as how fast he was going at the time of the crash.
>>
>>55562294
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
File: bbc-logo.jpg (13 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
bbc-logo.jpg
13 KB, 450x360
>BBC
>>
>>55562383
Actually they do. When the Toyota unintended acceleration problem happened one of Toyota's original defenses was the fact that the data from the engine management computer showed that they were applying full throttle and that this proved the drivers had mistaken the accelerator for the brake.

Eventually they found out that the process that measures the position of the accelerator pedal could in some edge cases crash in a way that produced full throttle despite the throttle wasn't being pressed and wasn't detectable unless the driver pumped the brake.
>>
Tesla works for me
>>
IT WAS A CHINK
>>
>hands weren't on the wheel
I thought it was supposed to ensure that they were while in auto mode.

My microwave is supposed to ensure that the door is closed while its on. If it were to work with the door open, it would certainly be the manufacturers fault. Why is it not here?
>>
>>55559595
>It said the man - who had identified himself only as Pang - had told a police officer the alerts given by the car had been in English but he spoke Mandarin.

THEN HOW THE FUCK DID HE MANAGE TO ENABLE AUTOPILOT IN THE FIRST PLACE???

Fucking chinks I swear to God
>>
>"The data suggests that the driver's hands were not on the steering wheel, as no force was detected on the steering wheel for over two minutes after autosteer was engaged - even a very small amount of force, such as one hand resting on the wheel, will be detected.
Ah, so it was his own damn fault he died. Good.
>>
>>55559595
>It is important to note that Tesla disables Autopilot by default and requires explicit acknowledgement that the system is new technology and still in a public beta phase before it can be enabled.

He died before the bug report. Shame.
>>
>>55563421
Autopilot is not supposed to work if your hands aren't on the wheel
>>
>>55559595
It crashed because it relies on captcha's to know what is a road and what is a street sign and what is a tree etc.
>>
>>55562385
>>55562341
>>55562294
>>55562418

>> ODB-ii
>>
>"As road conditions became increasingly uncertain, the vehicle again alerted the driver to put his hands on the wheel.

>"He did not do so, and shortly thereafter the vehicle collided with a post on the edge of the roadway.

>"Autosteer... is best suited for highways with a centre divider.

>"We specifically advise against its use at high speeds on undivided roads."

Case closed. People trying to blame someone's ignorance of the instructions. Teslas beep at you when you're being careless.
>>
>>55565945
TOP KEK
>>
>>55566226
>"It said the man - who had identified himself only as Pang - had told a police officer the alerts given by the car had been in English but he spoke Mandarin."

but i no understand advise
>>
> Musk take the wheel

Tesla confirmed to be a cult
>>
>>55562915
Blacked.com
>>
>>55566226
Why didn't it disengage the autopilot and stopped the car if no hands were detected on the wheel?
And what's the fucking point of having an autopilot when you still need to pay attention and keep your hands on the wheel?
>>
>>55568029
Think of it less as autopilot and auto keep you going in a straight line.
>>
>>55568134
Okay, but isn't it even more dangerous? I mean, providing a faux feeling of security and relaxation where you should be focusing on the road?
>it's ok to scratch my balls the car will keep riding straight for me
it's ok to check my appearance in the back mirror the car will keep riding straight for me
>it's ok to start cleaning the glove compartment the car will keep riding straight for me
>it's ok to take a quick nap the car will keep riding straight for me
Where it's more like an elaborate CC than anything.
>>
instead of trying to invent AI autopilots, why don't we make it so the car can be remote controlled by some third world cloud service, it'd be extremely cheap compared to having an actual chauffeur since you're only paying for the time you're using it and the drivers are located in some cheap labor country. it would require safety features of course like allowing the physical driver to override the remote control driver
>>
>>55563262
It wouldn't work with the door open because all the microwaves would escape before sufficiently heating your food to desired temperatures.
>>
>>55568212
They should have called it Supercruise but then they'd have needed a specific feature list to distinguish it from the lane-following and speed radar you get in every other luxury car.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.