[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Richard Stallman is a dangerous extremist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 2.png (173 KB, 1572x854) Image search: [Google]
2.png
173 KB, 1572x854
I thought it was all memes, but today I browsed his site and holy shit, this guy is deranged. This is what I know so far:

>won't use nonfree Javascript at Mcdonalds
>'yo send me an encrypted mail, but don't trust the key servers lol'
>if a software isn't compatible with some OS, then the OS is imposing censorship over what programs the user can install and is inherently evil
>not like it matters anyway, because anyone making proprietary software is scum and should stop/fail
>it is wrong to protect the authors' work with DRM, if somebody else tries to protect their creation, that's an attack on your freedom
>proprietary software is an attack on your freedom too
>people complained that they didn't want free music in their iThings, thus Apple is to blame, because they instilled such shallow thinking in their users
>in order to protect your freedom, some of the things listed above should be made illegal; thus removing someone else's freedom to do something (e.g. the freedom to create proprietary software and use it to generate profit)
>ideally, proprietary software shouldn't exist. thus implying that everything should be free software (Let's ignore the fact that 95% of free software is shit and subpar to proprietary software.)

But how can I even generate revenue, assuming that the mere act of asking isn't an attack on your freedom?

>"users can easily send authors anonymous voluntary payments." (This is literally what he thinks. Let's just replace a $400 billion industry with a system where people work for free and other people give them donations in exchange.)

It's clear to me that he's lost contact with reality at least partially, also he's a commie. I could easily imagine him becoming a bomber or a terrorist of some sort with free software as a political motivation. How come he's such a fringe lunatic but nobody seems concerned?
>>
File: 1.png (183 KB, 1570x852) Image search: [Google]
1.png
183 KB, 1570x852
>>55557555

Excellent get. I'm proud.
>>
He's right. Go back to sucking Apple's proprietary botnet dick.
>>
>>55557589

Never used any Apple stuff.
>>
>>55557555
Why he keeps complaining about closed source, but then literally eats a shit ton of closed source and poisonous fast food?
>>
File: sap.png (198 KB, 696x500) Image search: [Google]
sap.png
198 KB, 696x500
>>55557555
> Let's ignore the fact that 95% of free software is shit and subpar to proprietary software
good one
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.