[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father just reinstalled Windows 7 and the Windows update does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: lataus.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
lataus.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
My father just reinstalled Windows 7 and the Windows update does not fetch any updates. What might be the problem?
>>
Using Windows 7.
>>
>>55557430
For Microsoft, not using Windows 10 is the problem.
>>
>>55557440
>>55557452
So they're deliberately trying to get people to upgrade to Windows 10? Still?
>>
Upgrade to Windows 10, goy. It's/g/'s most used operating system.
>>
>>55557430
>>55557477
If you just did a fresh install of windows 7, expect it to take a while to fetch all the updates. I have a windows 7 SP1 reinstall CD and it takes about 6 hours to fetch all the updates.
>>
>>55557477
nope, because you install it late. my win7 was like that too, one day it worked magically. Try chromium os or Ubuntu mate :^)
>>
>>55557521
I thought that MS created an update package a few months ago so fresh install wouldn't be a pain to update anymore ?
>>
>>55557430
>>>wsr
windows is not verified maybe
>>
>>55557430
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

read the sticky nigger
back to >>>/v/ with you
>>
>>55557562
Get mad, little child.
>>
USE. APRIL. 2016. ROLLUP. CHRIST.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/05/windows-7-now-has-a-service-pack-2-but-dont-call-it-that/
>>
>>55557575
That comes with the telemetry shit you cannot remove.
>>
>>55557430
I had to deal with this shit myself recently, anon. Let me guess, it's stuck on searching for updates?

Download and install this, reboot.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-eg/download/details.aspx?id=47351

then download and install this, reboot.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49540

You might need to delete the windows updates cache and restart the windows update service, I recommend using the batch file from this https://github.com/th3power/aegis-voat/releases (it's called fixwindowsupdate or something) once all that's done, reboot once more, and try and search for windows updates. It should only take about 15 minutes or so to successfully find updates and you should be good.
>>
Your father is retarded and trying to install an 8 year deprecated OS barely on life support for severe security issues.

Try talking him in to getting an actual up-to-date OS such as Windows 10 or something like Ubuntu if either you or him have a history of severe mental illness, paranoia and/or are paedophiles.
>>
>>55557575

>includes telemetry updates

Just disable Windows Update, if you aren't a good little normie on Windows 10 you're Microsoft's enemy and every update is another knife pressed against your throat.
>>
>>55557592
Nah, W7 is still usable.
>>
>>55557572
Op is that you?
>>
>>55557620
Yes.
>>
>>55557645
No
>>
>>55557590
KB3050265 is on the list of telemetry updates to remove. You sure that update should be installed?
>>
>>55557584
>>55557603
You guys are literal cancer. Want 300 broken updates that were meant to fix the latest CVE's that you'll end up getting china'd by, or would you rather have a working (albeit Windows) system that doesn't take a week to get to a barely working shitty broken point but have to (omg) run anti-beacon ONCE.

Go ahead, sift through those 550 updates for "muh telemetry" and lmk once you disassemble ALL of them for the NSA ones NOONE knows about.

Get off my board retards.
>>
>>55557708
Calm down pajeet
>>
https://blog.krissmilne.tech/windows/windows-7/windows-7-stuck-on-checking-for-updates

this shit isnt fucking rocket applicances. you shouldnt have to go past step 2 if the fresh install was an sp1 image. rtm images without sp1 will work fine out of the box
>>
Just embrace the botnet, goys. Just look at the Speccy threads. A lot of people on /g/ use Windows 10. Quit being a paranoid pedophiliac fuck and realize that no one is out to get you or your shitty Chinese cartoons meant for little girls.
>>
>>55557592
>windows 7 is unusable
>windows 10 is a good OS
You're retarded
>>
>>55557708
yourself.kill()
>>
>>55557430
>Not kicking out updates through WSUS
What a pleb.
>>
>>55558515
>(You)
thanks me too
>>
>>55557430

Stay with Win 7. If it doesn't grab any updates, could it be that your copy of windows is not legal?
>>
Run windows update troubleshooter (get it from google) and restart the pc, then just let it search for updates no matter how many hours it will take. On my fresh install it took about 4-5hours just to find me about 150 important updates. oh, and don't install the recommended ones if you don't want to get the windows 10 upgrade crap.
>>
>>55557430
Get this update manually "KB3135445" it should fix the windows update since microsoft broke it themselves anyways.
>>
Wsusoffline
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.