[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So smartwatch, meme or something to get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: SmartWatch.jpg (65 KB, 865x486) Image search: [Google]
SmartWatch.jpg
65 KB, 865x486
So smartwatch, meme or something to get?
>>
Something to get if you're out often and notifications are important for whatever you're doing and if the watch is under $100
Meme if you don't do much and you spend a lot of money on it. They all notify you, have the same apps, check where you are, and check your pulse
>>
>>55556618
meme shit.
>>
>>55556618
I have enough with my phone.
>>
I don't know what it is, allergic to the metal or something but I always develop a rash underneath where the smart watch is. Like red skin and skin starts to peel. It's pretty fucking gross and I don't know why it keeps doing it so I've just stopped trying to find one that won't do it
>>
I have a friend who hates purses and carries her stuff in a backpack. For her the watch makes sense because women's pants have nonfunctional pockets and it's a lot of trouble to get to a phone in a backpack, so this at least lets her know what her phone is up to without a lot of fuss.
That's probably the only good use I've seen for them.
>>
>>55556618
its a meme, the battery life on that garbage might last 2 days at best and usualy less than 1 so its pretty useless.
>>
>>55556618
If a smart watch can:
- Be used independently, as in connect to wifi and shitpost on 4chan without the use of a phone
-Have a battery life that lasts atleast 4 days

Then it'll be good

Until then it's just a gimmick
>>
>>55556618
>Apple Watch
I use mine to:

>track workouts/health shit
>keep up to date on notifications
>getting the weather at a glance
>music controls (especially in the gym and winter)
>quick reply is nice for when my hands are full with groceries (great for texts, but the sound quality on calls is shit in all but the most quiet settings)
>Change smart lights because I'm a lazy asshole

The 3rd party apps are almost all abysmally shit and slow. They say the next version of WatchOS will fix this, but knowing Apple it'll just make the watch run like shit in time for them to sell the new one. Apple maps are integrated well, but it's apple maps. a decent weather app (Blue Sky or Carrot) is NECESSARY.
>>
>>55555555
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.