[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've decided to grab a tablet for my pixelshit. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
So, I've decided to grab a tablet for my pixelshit. I've no clue about anything regarding graphics tablets. Will pic related work or do I need to get the pro intuos with loads of buttons on the side?

I'd rather not pay more than the intuos pen & touch M
>>
A mouse is probably better for pixel art than a tablet.

If you mean to do actual drawing get an intuos M. S is small as fuck.

The pro lineup is just if you want tilt/rotation support.

I don't use the buttons on the side at all, my left hand is on my keyboard for shortcuts. Touch support is also wholly unnecessary.

Can't comment on other tablet brands as I haven't used them.

>>>/wsr/
>>
>>55554252

This >>55555418 coon pretty much summed it up. I have an Intuos Pro M, and it's been all I need.
>>
>>55554252
as much as people love to shill wacom, let me give you a verdict on these cheaper wacoms.

they are pretty bad.

they don't track perfectly, pressure is not enough, the size of the tablets are normally too small.

if you are using it for pixel art, i think it would be OK. but honestly, if you are going to use it for other stuff, just upgrade and get the Intuos Pro. The added pressure levels and better made pen are really worth it. And honestly, I'd prefer to go even higher-end. When it comes to drawing, it HAS to feel perfect otherwise you're working around issues with the hardware/software and it becomes tedious.
>>
>>55555486
>source: my ass
Proof please?
>>
>>55555722
Entry-level Wacoms are fine for beginners who don't know what they want.

Intuos Pro is for advanced users who crave a bit more accuracy.

But by all means, the quality of tablet you have is similar to having a gaming mouse--a good mouse helps, but otherwise, you still suck at Counter Strike. I've personally seen artists churn out masterpieces on basic tablets, naemly it's because it's what they started with and they don't want to bother relearning a new one.
>>
>>55555486
Pressure curves suck on all wacom products.
blackink.cz/tablet-pressure-curve-tool/

I can't remember having tracking issues on my bamboo tablets, my cintiq certainly has them towards the edges.
>>
I got a tablet and regret it. When you can't see where you're drawing it's not much better than a mouse and no fun at all.
>>
File: 1423240982946.gif (3 MB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
1423240982946.gif
3 MB, 448x298
>>55554252
>Picked up scrap laptop from refurb place down the street
>Powered up just fine, installed mint, have fully functioning touch screen with pen.
>Tfw core 2 drawing PC for 15 bucks.
>>
>>55555920
You get used to it eventually.
>>
>>55555920
Thousands, if not millions, who are in the graphic industry can't be wrong.

You simply didn't train yourself hard enough.

I have an athlete friend who is trying to get into graphic art, and I basically had to explain to her that drawing is just like any other sort of training, and that you have to also do it on a regular basis.

You're literally blaming your incompetencies on your hardware.
>>
>>55555976
I really admire /ic/'s ruthless git gud attitude.
>>
I can vouch for Huion 610 pro. I bought it for annotating my notes on OneNote. If you can afford, better go with Wacom. It is amazing when you have to do Artâ„¢.
>>
>>55555976

There can be some really big differences in tablet hardware.

Years ago I bought one of those white Wacom Bamboo things and it was such a horrible experience, that it practically put a stop to my artistic journey. I just couldn't get the damn thing working properly.
Then about 7 years later I tried Wacom Pen & Touch tablet and it was a completely different experience.
I was able to use it without any problems.
So I started drawing again and later on I got myself a Cintiq 13HD.
Now I'm selling commissions and I have more work than I'm able to handle.
So I'm pretty confident is saying that I have a good grasp over how to use a tablet.

Not that long ago, I started wondering if I was just retarded for thinking that my first tablet was so utterly shitty and I was just a pussy for giving up with it.
I dug it out and gave it a try few months ago.
Still a horrendous piece of shit and for some reason it's hard as hell to get the hand and eye coordination working with it.
I just can't put a decent line down with that fucker. Not sure what's that about, whether it's the drivers or the hardware itself.
Also I'm not the only one who had problems with that model.
>>
I got an intuos 4 M, I love it.
Gonna pick up a Cube i7 Book soon, cheap Core M 6th gen tablet with Wacom digitalizer as I can't afford a full blown cintiq.
>>
Why is nobody talking about the Helix 2? I got a steal on a fully loaded one with pro keyboard for 600 burgerbucks. The standard model which comes with same digitizer is only 400-450 refurbed.

It's 2 in 1 with the pro keyboard you get full laptop experience with sexy keyboard n track pad and can detach and use as a drawing tablet.
>>
>>55555976
Anon's right. I started on a small Bamboo, switched to an Intuos medium, tried out the Surface Pro 3, and I'm still absolutely shit at art in general.

But drawing on a screen and not looking at a screen while you draw somewhere else is definitely more comfortable.
>>
>>55558753
only 256 levels of pressure... It looked good until i read that.
>>
>>55559614
It has 1024...
>>
The Apple iPad Pro is the standard for modern art devices.
>>
File: intuos_small.jpg (637 KB, 1876x1920) Image search: [Google]
intuos_small.jpg
637 KB, 1876x1920
>>55554252
I bought that tablet for cheap (small size, used) as a starter tablet. It's good for it's price vs other much cheaper tablet that has bad tracking and accuracy.
Now i always bring it to me at work and even bought a wireless adapter for it for less clutter

>>55555920
The owner of the used tablet i bought said the same, it's just a matter of getting used to. I even bring the tablet to work as replacement to the mouse to git gud.
>>
>>55562141
did you draw that?
>>
>>55559283
i find drawinh on the cintiq a bit weird, minor lag and a little grainy on the screen
>>
>>55554252
If you want to fuck around with something decent, but you're on a budget. Huion makes some nice tablets.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.