[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pawa gurnirashun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20160610-WA0005.jpg (79 KB, 640x608) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160610-WA0005.jpg
79 KB, 640x608
What is the best way to generate 8400 watts of electricity? Short of buying a fuel burning generator that is.

I'm trying to go off grid. I've worked out my average daily consumption to about 25-26 KWH per day. Yes that is heavy, but it's also counting the fact that I don't live alone, and there are 3 water boilers on the property, one of which runs about 3-4 hours a day on average, and one loafer at home all day. I also have a blacksmith forge, and occasionally use the arc welder for touch ups and structural welds. And electricity prices are hiking in my country, so I want to try going off grid.

Solar is too expensive. The cheapest quote I've gotten is about the equivalent of 7000 dollars without the inverters, so that's not gonna happen Any time soon, and I might do it little by little
>>
>>55553344
Ahh, actual tech discussion.

>>>/diy/
>>
>>55553344
>no fossil fuels
>no solar energy
>no money
In that case you should just get some cheap portable nuclear fusion reactor on eBay
>>
>>55553344
>How do i generate electricity out of nothing with no money, fuel or supplies?!

I dunno, try pulling it out of your ass.
>>
This is not a technology board OP,
this is a mainstream electronics board.
Here we discuss what teenagers are capable of discussing, and not beyond that intellectual threshold:
Smartphones, building your gaymer PC, comparing gaymer gear (especially gaymer class GPUs), headphones, and such nits and bits that are the only thing teenagers know how to discuss.

If you want tech discussion requiring higher education, education and experience from independent people who own houses, garages, and have jobs,
>>>/diy/ is the board for you.

Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
>>
>>55553344
windmill and hamsters.
>>
You're going to have to get a fucking job since you're not getting 8.4MW without some serious investment.
If anything 7000 dollar seems cheap for that much power.
>>
File: yes.gif (355 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
355 KB, 500x281
>shillary will die in your lifetime
>>
>>55554059
8.4MW really is a lot.
Good thing OP only wants 8.4kW

But that's honestly not that much.
As far as your options go, solar really is the only way to go, unless you live in a super specific place where Wind makes sense, but I'm betting Solar comes out cheaper.
>>
>I'm trying to go off grid
fucking retard
>>
>>55554086
I keep thinking of citybuilder sims and their MW values on the power production buildings.
>>
>>55553344
that depends. How much stamina do you have?
>>
Buy a wood stove for the hot water a inverse flame stove heats like hell and are "quite" cheap
>>
>>55553344
if you have a river or stream near your hous you can put a water turbine there. or kidnap some niggers and chan them to >>55554284.
just get a fucking diesel generator if you dont have the money for solar.
>>
>>55553344
Cow farts. Capture the cow farts.
>>
>>55553344
Just run a wire from you're neighbors house and steal their electricity
>>
>>55554063
Not if you die first m8
>>
>>55553344

The donuts represent the vagoo of them..
>>
create fusion reactor with a cluster of rx480s
>>
File: Fallout4_Jet.png (192 KB, 652x652) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_Jet.png
192 KB, 652x652
>>55555330
This.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.