[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Tech stories where you fuck up bigtime >Be building a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1460639483924.gif (347 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1460639483924.gif
347 KB, 320x213
ITT Tech stories where you fuck up bigtime

>Be building a computer for my cousin
>Taking one of my old PSU's over to his house
>End up idly fiddling with it in the car, flipping the voltage switch back and forth
>When I get it hooked up in his rig mostly made with brand new parts it immediately fries the motherboard
>Cap pops off near the top of the mobo, flies down the hallway and hits my other cousin who was helping me in the head

I replaced the mobo, which was all that broke, but holy shit I will never feel okay about it.
>>
>building a clients 1.5K gaming rig
>build catches fire under power button, fans start blowing smoke everywhere
>I actually sperg out and for one split second think about how cool it would be to incorporate a smoke machine into a build
>come to my senses and turn it the fuck off
>I had plugged power into an out on the fan controller, sending a surge down every line attached to the controller
>electrical tape the melted mass of cords and repair the fucked power button
>it's still working to this day

Haha holy fuck I thought I was gonna lose money on that one.
>>
>>55554986
The moment you notice the smoke and smell is the worst part, that "oh fuck" feel.
>>
>Be poor
>It's winter
>Laptop casing broke and the motherboard is open
>Press the power button
>Not really paying attention, finger touches the motherboard
>ZAP
>Now won't display anything on the screen
:/
>>
>>55552794
>be 4 years old
>shove fork onto wall plug
>nothing happens
>shove it in deeper
>still nothing
>feel stronger and stronger
>magically grow up to be an adult with super muscles
>mfw i'm superman
>>
>>55555132
oh fug
>>
File: 1467901812247.png (466 KB, 521x566) Image search: [Google]
1467901812247.png
466 KB, 521x566
> Be my
> Write code to make server run better
> Type spaghetti
> Delete entire server

I got fired
>>
>>55555208
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: guess ive got brain problems.jpg (38 KB, 291x302) Image search: [Google]
guess ive got brain problems.jpg
38 KB, 291x302
>Hey anon site3server2 has crashed again, can you reboot it?
>log into iLO and reboot site2server3
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.