[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE FUCK DO I CLIP THIS ONTO THE HEATSINK THERE IS FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
HOW THE FUCK DO I CLIP THIS ONTO THE HEATSINK

THERE IS FUCKING NOTHING FOR IT TO CLIP ONTO

IT JUST SLIDES INTO THE WEDGES AND DOESN'T LATCH
>>
>>55552605
Oh god I feel your pain mine has just been loosely hanging off the heatsink ever since I built it. Makes this rattling aound because of it. Hnggg.
>>
File: glue-heatsink.jpg (28 KB, 510x382) Image search: [Google]
glue-heatsink.jpg
28 KB, 510x382
GLUE BABY GLUE
>>
>>55552605
Look at the sides you fucking dumb shit.
>>
>>55552644

THEY DON'T

FUCKING

LATCH
>>
>>55552605
Are you attaching it like this? The metal wires should hook into the fins and keep the tension should keep the fan attached.
>>
>>55552655
Grammar fail. Whatever, you get the point.
>>
>>55552655

OH MY GOD THANK YOU

I HAD THE WRONG SIDE FACING IT

THE STICKER SIDE WAS ON THE OUTSIDE BUT NOW IT'S ON THE INSIDE

THAT IS FUCKING RETARDED AND WHY WOULD THE STICKER BE PUT IN A PLACE WHERE IT'S NOT VISIBLE
>>
>>55552701
You need to stop drinking Monster, little Billy. Just because its summer doesn't mean you can run wild.
>>
>>55552701
There's nothing stopping you from removing the clips and putting them back on the fan the other way around so the label faces out. But it's not "fucking retarded," it's just because it's one of Noctua's standard fans and they happen to have the sticker on the side with the hub support arms. That's also the side the fan blows from, though, and heatsinks generally perform a little better with the fan in push, hence they oriented it this way by default.
>>
>>55552753

What's the point of a label if it's invisible

I've been building this rig for six hours and counter-intuitive shit like this is leaving me nervewracked and sleep-deprived and missing work tomorrow
>>
>>55552605
Memed into the noctua giga kek
>>
>>55552774
>What's the point of a label if it's invisible
>literally every sticker ever on a part inside a desktop
>>
>>55552605
>clubbed nails
Enjoy your heart attack.

Also, cut your damn nails.
>>
>>55552701
Christ. Summer really is more than just a meme.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.