[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the future everything will be in the cloud right? Everyt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (246 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
246 KB, 600x600
In the future everything will be in the cloud right?

Everything will be done with accounts.

Windows will be a cloud OS where you run things like Office from the Internet.

You'll have a Netflix account, a Microsoft account, a Facebook account etc. All of this will be running on nonfree closed source software.

As well as visiting nonfree 4chan.org to shitpost you'll be visiting nonfree Microsoft.com to write up an essay/novel or whatever.

The hardware and whatever is running it won't really be relevant since all the software you use will be in "the cloud" just like the social media site you are on right now.
>>
>>55552575
Keep in mind, there are enterprise users which wouldn't want to get EVERYTHING in the cloud. They want to have possibility to work without connection to the Internet.
Also, if something happens with the cloud, you wouldn't be able to do anything.
>>
>>55552836
For the majority Internet access is extremely important.
>>
>>55552575
>Reply]
I don't like storing my data on other peoples hardware.

It's weird to me that everyone seems totally fine with it too. You have no idea what happens to that data or how easy it is to gain access to. See: the fappening.
>>
>>55553288
People value convenience more than privacy.
>>
>>55552575
Internet is shitty in my 3rd world country, it would be a terrible idea. Imagine not being able to acess your stuff because you have no internet/it disconnected?
>>
>>55553024
>For the majority Internet access is extremely important.
There are organizations where it is prohibited to connect workstations to the Internet.
What do?
>>
>>55552575
>You'll have a Netflix account, a Microsoft account, a Facebook account etc.
Nope, you'll have one account to do all of those things.
> Windows
> Office
> microsoft.com to write up an essay/novel
That's why I use GNU/Linux (tm).

I wish it was feasible to develop computer hardware that is free, i.e. the schematics can be shared and modified, the modified versions can be shared and users have the right to manufacture them according to the schematics. Imagine what would be possible.
> no proprietary blobs required
> no low-level spyware, if you're paranoid make your own model
> can still sell CPUs, GPUs etc. if you manufacture a bunch of them at once because it's too expensive for end users to manufacture small quantities
> can get people to work on it, add more functionality, improve the design etc.
>>
>>55552575
There is no cloud. It is just someone else's hard drive.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.