[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon Go Can Access All Your Data, And May Be A Psychological
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: WTF.jpg (114 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
114 KB, 854x480
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQQXPn0c1Y
WHAT
THE
FUCK
NSA
>>
>>55549151
neat, too bad 99.9% of the playerbase doesn't nor ever will give a fuck
>>
>>55549151
>youtuber needs more views
>lets make some shit up on something popular
>profit

you fag/g/ots believe anything, you're getting worse than /pol/
>>
>>55549187
>discard all the sources of information
>nevermind they have other sources for reference

Just get out.
>>
>>55549207
It's not like its your operating system.

It's an app, and you don't have to have it.

You probably have many other apps that have full control of your phone and can keep track of you at anytime with full access to microphone and camera, this shit isn't new.
>>
>>55549244
>nevermind innocents will use this
>nevermind they won't know they are being stalked
>NothingToHide™ 2.0
>>
>Watching lesbian SJW cancer
Kill yourself, OP
>>
>>55549151
/v/ cucks are lab rats. What's new?
>>
>>55549282
>no real arguments
>spill SJW meme
kys faggot
>>
>>55549267
I didn't say I agree with data collection, the same way I don't agree with lots of things. You have to let people make their own choices. I am not removing agency from people because I imagine in my head I know what it is better for them and their lives more than they do themselves.

It is their choice to make, they want to give their data away thats just fine with me, they don't know about it? That is their fucking problem, there is a screen with every god damn app you install on android saying what the app has access to. On iOS you have a request for access for every piece of information, they have to push accept. They're competent to know what they accept and what they don't.
>>
>>55549151
Is blue shirt a man or a woman?
>>
>have smartphone
>worry about privacy
>kill yourself
pick one OP, i suggest the latter
>>
>>55549304
You didn't say you don't agree either.

You are implying people CAN make choices or are aware.
>>
>>55549307
It's Ted Cruz
>>
>>55549304
You are spilling spaghetti, is time for you to leave the internet.
>>
>>55549307
A super special genderqueer aromantic polysexual lesbian
>>
>>55549151
I don't remember go asking for such permission, unless you mean internal data storage
>>
>>55549310
>not having a smartphone
>having a job
Pick one faggot neet.
>>
>get off my house to capture some pokemon
>niggers steal my iPhone

t-thanks gamefreak
>>
>>55549330
That's the idea, the application is not asking, not giving any warning, it just has ("god mode").
>>
would rather have an "augmented reality" Pokemon Snap
>>
>>55549312
How do you intend to verify that everyone who does make the choice CAN make the choice? Thats a pretty fucking slippery slope you're wanting to go down on.
>>
File: NSA.png (1002 KB, 2992x2992) Image search: [Google]
NSA.png
1002 KB, 2992x2992
Remember to ignore nothingtohide bullshit, the NSA and GCHQ are known to infiltrate on internet forums, google JTRIG.
>>
>>55549387
You still here nigga? That's a pretty stupid argument btw. Everyone agrees because they don't know? Really? Fuck you.
>>
>>55549401
Good luck with that argument in a court of law.
>>
FUCK YOU AND YOUR CORRUPT ORGANIZATION NSA

You can buy judges, you can buy politicians, but you can't buy yourselves out of prison for too long.
>>
>>55549151
The "Grace" guy in the blue shirt is freaking me out.
>>
>>55549474
>not "the cloud.jpg"
>>
>>55549428
No luck needed, your arguments are retarded.
>>
>>55549489
kek
>>
>>55549151
"land of the free"
>>
>tfw I'm getting a second phone just to play the game
>>
>>55549315
kek
>>
>>55549428
A court of law is exactly what we need.
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 692x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
54 KB, 692x600
Weird, don't see Pokemon on my google account
>>
>there were people who installed this to begin with
>>
File: file.png (146 KB, 689x911) Image search: [Google]
file.png
146 KB, 689x911
fug they must know my watch history too
>>
>>55549151
It already came out that the app was requesting the incorrect permissions, but it wasn't using the incorrect permissions, it is now back to only requesting basic google services info such as your name.

Completely harmless, these guys should have actually bothered to look at what the app accesses, but I guess 2nd rate ken and ugly sport girl never learned about technology.
>>
kill yourselves
>>
IF YOU GIVE YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO A FORMER SUBSIDIARY OF GOOGLE THEY MAY HAVE ACCESS YO YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT INFORMATION!?!?
you guys go tinfoil over ever. You just hate the game cause it's popular. Idk if sign in with google gives it total access to my emails, i doubt it. But if it does, the one company who wouldn't need to make a whole new game/service go access my gmail, it's fucking google and it former subsidiary.
>>
>>55549151
>TYT
>>
>>55549343
> buddy still uses original blackberry
> six figure job in sales.
>>
>>55550272
An old smartphone is still a smartphone
>>
>>55550272
>sales
Of course, all in CHA, none in WIS.
>>
ONLY ON APPLE IOS

AND ONLY IN THE USA
>>
Use a Google account with fake info and block permissions in marshmallow, then ur good senpai
>>
Just battled the fucker with the gym down the street I got destroyed I don't even know how to attack
>>
>>55550479
spam-tap the enemy pokemon

won't help if the enemy pokemon has twice as much health as yours though
>>
>>55549310
I don't though, I have a prepaid phone that I only refill if I'm expecting a call from an employer tbqh.
>>
>>55549151
Is that ethan and hila?
>>
who's team instinct in here?

also team valor faggots leave
>>
>>55549829
>niantic
well of course, what else are they supposed to say? "woops, well give you your data back, sorry"
>>
But it's pokemon in real life!!
>>
>>55549303
what is youngturks, what is bernie cucking, what is lesbian tolken black man panel, what is hate for white men, what is BLM support, what is anti trump.
>>
>>55549267
>they won't know
When you download an app on the play store you are forced to see the permissions it requests and tap "agree".
>>
>>55549151

Nigga NSA literally boasts enough nodes to middle man anything from anywhere and that was a decade ago.

This isn't even close to revelatory it's clickbait.
>>
>>55549718
It only affects iOS, genius
>>
>>55552515
>every android apps requests access to pretty much everything on your phone in order to work
>"muh botnet is better than your botnet"

fucking kek
>>
>>55552581
>He doesn't block intrusive permissions
>>
kek nice fucking game /pol/ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/13/pokemon-go-us-holocaust-museum-asks-players-to-stay-away?CMP=share_btn_tw
>>
File: 1468349171062.jpg (28 KB, 480x537) Image search: [Google]
1468349171062.jpg
28 KB, 480x537
>>55552899
>>
File: anime belongs in the trash.gif (2 MB, 266x240) Image search: [Google]
anime belongs in the trash.gif
2 MB, 266x240
>>55549151
This doesn't concern me in the slightest, because I don't play children games.
>>
>>55549151

the game is fucking brilliant course from a stance of money making but overall autistic

and they already have a name similar to a very popular franchise back from the 90s
>>
>>55549151
I want to suck Grace's feminine cock.
>>
Pokemon go would be good if the rarer pokemon were in more dangerous locations. Shadow types in dark new york alleys, articunos at the top of mount everest, moltres in active volcanos, shit like that.
Doduos in the middle of highways, and such.
>>
>NSA knows everything your doing and has complete control of your phone
>this is news to people

Ffs
They don't need your dumbass app to know this
You signed your soul away when you put your phone in your pocket and brought it into your house
Nothing is sacred in this day and age and it's fucking annoying to see people realise this and talk about it like it's new
>>
/g/ is slow and retarded.

The iOS Google permissions scope bug in Pokémon Go was fixed in 1.0.1, released... yesterday, I think?

That isn't to say that it doesn't log your location because of course it does: that it how it works. Also it's a phone, so your location is being broadcasted wherever you take it anyway, apps or no apps.

Why are you still making these threads?
>>
File: 4L_GwcAOI5a.jpg (99 KB, 548x356) Image search: [Google]
4L_GwcAOI5a.jpg
99 KB, 548x356
>>55549151
So is this gay ass game why i almost hit some fags on my bike last night? I was riding and these 3 little gaymer looking faggots were all walking in the bike lane looking at their phones.
>>
File: 4L_tRklLZS1.jpg (145 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
4L_tRklLZS1.jpg
145 KB, 600x750
>>55554229
She looks like she was exposed to testosterone in the womb. Probably has a dyke digit ratio and probably has a giant clit.
>>
>>55554358
Nice damage control

>>>/shill/
>>
>>55549151
People are stupid and easy to manipulate, news at 11.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.