[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /ultrawide/ here? Wanting to buy a new monitor and I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: lg ultrawide.jpg (59 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
lg ultrawide.jpg
59 KB, 450x370
Who /ultrawide/ here?

Wanting to buy a new monitor and I can afford a 29 inch Ultrawide monitor. Is it worth it? I'll have a second 24 inch monitor beside it.
>>
>>55545793
I have a similar monitor. Personally I am really happy with

Thoughts:
Never put windows full screen. Use the snap feature to snap to one half of the screen. Otherwise the windows are just too wide
If you game, you'll need to upgrade your GPU or reduce your settings
A monitor beside it probably won't work because it is so wide. I'd get a VESA mount on an arm for the small monitor and put it above the wide one.
>>
If you need one get it, otherwise don't.
If you use a second monitor, I'd use it vertically or mount it above like >>55545861
said
>>
>>55545861
I'm upgrading from a 970 to a 980ti as well (getting a new mouse and mousemat included for basically free) and that should power through most, if not all, games out for at least the next year.

As for the second monitor, I use it mostly for my PS4 so having it above might prove annoying in the long run. I'll try out the side-by-side configuration and see if it's fine before buying a mount.

>>55545898
What do you mean by that? I don't need it, but the only people who really do are video editors.
>>
>>55545946
>I'll try out the side-by-side configuration and see if it's fine before buying a mount.
Go for it, but I don't think you appreciate how much wider 21:9 monitors are
>>
>>55545987
Alright, will do. Another question, Curved or Non-Curved? Curved will be £80 or so more expensive.
>>
>>55545793
Dangit OP don't remind me about this monitor it was on sale for $288 like a few days ago.
Forgot to purchase it. Now it's back up at $349.
>>
>>55546096
I'm annoyed because I could have gotten it yesterday for delivery today but the only Prime option sold out before the money I needed for the monitor went in. Sucks.
>>
>>55545793
>new monitor
>ultrawide
okay

>29"
WTF no!

Seriously 27" 1440p is 100% better than shitty 29" ultrawide and approx the same price.
>>
i currently have a 29" asus ips ultrawide and a 24" next to it.

i just ordered a 42" 4k tv to use as a monitor today, i'll run the 29" vertically next to it and ditch the 24"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.