[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trying to install Windows after Linux and not the other way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1454419339855.png (869 KB, 753x706) Image search: [Google]
1454419339855.png
869 KB, 753x706
>trying to install Windows after Linux and not the other way around
Literally took 14 hours to get it working.
Closest I've been to just offing myself.
>>
>>55545779
>falling for the linux meme
lmaoi
>>
>>55545779
>He cannot cope up with a real OS
hahaha back to cuckshed, baby wincuck
>>
Boot into gparted or some other live Linux environment and run grub-install on the drive or chmod in and run grub-update. It isn't hard. Dunno how different LiLo is but given you're having a hard time with this, I doubt you're using something other than grub.
>>
>>55545974
I did get it working, eventually.

What ended up working in the end:
>boot from a usb and make a new ntfs partition to install Windows in
>make a bootable windows usb by using gparted to rewrite the partition table as GPT, format it to fat32, boot the windows iso and copy its contents into the usb, then install grub on it
>make sure it boots uefi first in the bios and put the usb first on the order
>>
Fuck that, I'm going back to Windows.
>>
>>55546061
>boot the windows iso
mount* the windows iso
>>
boot repair you fucking newfag
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.