[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forgetting about all the gaming faggotry, and assuming they made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6
Forgetting about all the gaming faggotry, and assuming they made drivers for Linux, what do you think of Razer products? I'd like to hear your genuine opinion
>>
Never used one, I heard some of their mice would be acceptable if it weren't for it breaking easily
>>
Their quality is bad, it breaks after 2 years.
>>
>>55543894
The keyboards aren't too bad. I leave it alternating a single color cause the other light options are shit imo
>>
>>55543894
My Deathadder 3.5G still works but Razer Synapse is fucking retarded. Gave it to my brother. Can't use legacy drivers because compatibility.
>>
Shit breaks way too quickly.
>>
>>55543894
>assuming
BUT THEY DIDN'T MAKE DRIVERS FOR LINUX
>>
>>55543894
Synapse is shit and drivers are shit without it. I got blackwidow early when it had MX blues for 50€, by far the cheapest mechanical keyboard i could get and it's still running fine. I like deathadder's shape, so I get it every 2-3 years when it breaks (one of the buttons usually stop working) .. so build quality is not the best, but they' also much cheaper than competitors.
>>
The Razer Blackwidow Chroma is the only Razer product I've ever had experience with. That being said, I loved it. I used it all the time until I got my Unicomp Model M.
>>
>>55543991
github.com/pez2001/razer_chroma_drivers
>>
>>55543996
I was thinking the same as you on Synapse. A few weeks ago I bought a Corsair keyboard because I wanted to try something else than Razer and I can assure you that the Corsair Utility Software is the worst piece of garbage I ever saw and I really prefer Synapse than this shit.
>>
>>55543894
their keycaps and keyboard body are cheap quality compared to other mechanical keyboards, their keycaps are also cheaply made meaning they will snap easier. In other words they make products look good but with crappy quality
>>
>>55543894
Razer quality is shit.
Every product i've had from them magically fucks up when the new product came out
Naga
Naga classic
Naga 2014

Using a naga chroma now
>inb4 dont get naga
There is simply nothing else that compares to it, not even logitech g600/700

It also handles way better using basic hid drivers on linux.And remaps alot better, as it uses sane keysyms
>>
Maybe I shouldn't admit this on /g/, but I have a full Razer peripheral set, apart from headset

Blackwidow ultimate Chroma
Deathadder Chroma
Vepex mousepad
HyperX Cloud II (Obviously the not razer item)

I am perfectly happy and content with them, and would recommend them to you (Blackwidow ultimate chroma is a tad expensive though compared to the Blackwidow ultimate). I did overpay probably but all the stuff is high quality and the best I've used in their respective fields.
>>
>>55544077
oh wow unofficial drivers thx razer
>>
>>55544867
Razer's mechanical keyboards compared to other brands sucks in comparision in terms of quality.
You chose a headset instead of headphones, headsets are inheritantly worse in sound quality than headphones, you should of got a headphone then a seperate mic
>>
>>55543894
Why would you need a driver for a keyboard?
>>
If I'm going to buy an overly expensive gamer product, I'm going to buy corsair.
>>
Aesthetically, I think most of their stuff is ridiculous and looks too GAMUR even for my taste, and I've only heard bad things about the actual quality of their products. Everyone I know who has owned a Razer mouse reported it breaking in a couple of years. I've never bought any Razer products myself, but I never intend to.
>>
>>55544899
I used a logitech with cherry blues and while minor, the Razer switches just feel a tad more responsive then the other.

Headset wise yeah I agree, I just haven't had time to upgrade and I had the headset before I bought the rest.
>>
>>55544946
I'm talking about the mechanical keyboards such as from cosair and ducky, try these out they feel much better than razer. If you crave quality over looks get neither of these and get some keyboard from wasd or filico they make quality keyboards but may not look good
>>
>>55544899
Do you even know what the word "inherently" means?. Nothing about adding a mic to headphones would inherently lower the sound quality, it's just that headsets are targeted at gamers who care more about leds than sound quality.
>>
>>55544980
Vouching for ducky.
Its solid as fuck.
Key quality is hands down the best out of any mech or otherwise.

Even getting the lightest keyboards, they still feel solid and dont give in to the slightest touch or use of the board/keys and scuddle across the desk.
>>
>>55543937

This has been my experience as well. I think their products are overpriced for the quality that they produce.

They're a little cringy to look at as well.
>>
>>55544980
I mean your probably right, I was just saying to OP that I have no problems with their quality and would recommend them, but I'm sure the brands that you are saying are superior. I just don't have enough knowledge on them to recommend them, but I do with my Razer
>>
File: 2444985.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2444985.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>55543894
Normie bait marketing, emphasis on gaymen, low production quality, planned obsolescence, cheap ass knockoff "Razer" switches that are shittier than Cherry (but it doesn't effect the cost), and Synapse is botnet.

In short, it's a great brand for neo-/g/.
>>
Who cares about whether or not Razor is high quality when all their products are ugly as shit? I wouldn't buy an ugly turd even if it would last a long time.
>>
There are better quality products out there for lower or equal prices
>>
>>55545091
All Razor products in my opinion looks disgusting just because of its Razor logo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>55543894

ignoring for a minute the faggotry that is razer gaymur branding, they may occasionally make okay products but they're also one of the few companies that occasionally makes awful products,* why would you bother when there's other less faggy brands that make outstanding products

*I have not actually used razer products
>>
File: hOrnmnf.jpg (117 KB, 622x433) Image search: [Google]
hOrnmnf.jpg
117 KB, 622x433
>>55545134
>*I have not actually used razer products

actually I lie, I got the free razer footprint effect for path of exile while I could to drive a friend crazy, the one razer product I've actually used was literally shilling
>>
>>55543894
>The keyswitches on the keyboard take too much actuation force for my taste.

>Synapse is a joke.

>Edgy design.

>Bad quality control. I have a chinkshit mech keyboard I snagged for $50 on Amazon that's made better than a Blackwidow I owned.
>>
>>55543894

Terrible quality, don't last very long, you're paying for the name, not for a quality product.
>>
>>55543894

synapse is terrible and i went through three da2013s within 6 months. maybe that's bad luck but each of them were defective in different ways from the start and died different deaths. rma process was smooth at least.
>>
I had the black widow, a nostromo, and a mamba.

The mamba and the nostromo are still going strong and are great, actually the mamba middle mouse click doesn't work anymore but I've had it going on 5 years.

The black widow was complete shit, just awful.
>>
>>55543894
had better overall quality in the past, had one of the first mice for like 7 years, after that I replaced it for the new lines and they were shit and lasted a year and a year and a half at most.

Avoid.
>>
I bought a razer carcharias or something headset when I was an edgy gamur faget like six years ago. Gave it to a little brother and it's still kicking. Sound quality was alright, worse than normal headphones in the same price bracket.
>>
>>55544328
>tasting sewage is worse than simply smelling it
>so I went back to sniffing sewage. I really prefer it.
>>
>>55550064
Optimally you'd be doing neither but if you had to make the choice, which would you pick?
>>
>>55543894
>what do you think of Razer products?
great RGB affects for keyboard, with great gaming tactile feedback. however for typing, the razer switches are not the best
>>
>>55543894
the deathadder is the most comfy mouse i've ever used, and doesnt look too bad if you turn the faggy lights off. too bad they only last a few months before breaking
>>
>>55544908
macro keys so i can call my bull to come to my house and fuck my wife
>>
the old deathadder is actually one of the best mice there is. ive had mine for 4 years now and my friends mouse has been going for longer than that
>>
>>55543950
I have a DeathAdder too. Been using it for 4-5 years. Still going strong.
>>
>>55550064
Never said I went back to Razer.
>>
I don't like their build quality. Their mice and keyboards break much faster compare to other brands.
>>
>>55543894

fucking roflshit
>>
>>55543894
If you ever feel like killing yourself, buy the Razer SWTOR Gaming Headset. You'll soon realize that there are far worse problems than your own life.
>>
>>55544899
I like my PC363d are they shitty sound
>>
>>55543894
I have never had a problem with anything Razer. I have a black widow keyboard and black shark headset both of which are amazing in my opinion. The only thing I did with the keyboard was put in o rings to shorten the key stroke.
>>
>>55543894
Back in the Copperhead, Diamondback and original deathadder days Razer Quality was actually Top notch.

Later it became chinkshit level shit
>>
They stopped using Cherry switches, so no.
Also, I don't like this obnoxious design of their products.
>>
Old razor diamondback used to be the shit. Like 2006 diamond back. Can't get that anymore. Lasted five years. Tried another razor after that similar model and it died a year in. Been using some no name German cheap brand for like five years now.
>>
>>55543894
Quality is shit for the price.

If the price was much lower it would be good.
>>
>Aesthetics that appeal to 13 year olds

>Their products are fingerprint magnets

>Every fucking corner has been cut, many of their products are insanely fragile

>With the mechanical keyboard market they're OK, strictly OK if you want an unrepairable cheap mechanical.

>Every product they have ever released that is actually worth buying over their competitors has been a wired computer mouse.
>>
File: 1460434585800.png (101 KB, 379x564) Image search: [Google]
1460434585800.png
101 KB, 379x564
>>55551492
hadn't seen this meme in close to a month
>>
>>55558479
I almost don't want to call razer "overpriced" because that gives the illusion they somehow have comparable build quality to lower quality products. They're more overly crappy products than overly priced products.

Their products are more fragile than mid-end products. It boggles the mind. They basically sell themselves on aesthetics and over the top features. This is again, except for in the mechanical keyboard market, where they're perceived as more of a value brand.
>>
>>55543894
I'm using a Razer Blade Stealth, it's a great ultra book, the only faults I can find is that the chroma keyboard doesn't have cherry MX keys and the screen besseles are rather large.
>>
>>55557039
I'm using a third party keyboard with non-cherry switches after using cherry and I honestly don't mind the knockoffs at all.
>>
>>55543894
"ayy lmao"
>>
I had a naga for 4 years before it broke and still use my nostromo. Bought the naga chroma. 16k dpi. In love.
>>
Never used any of their products.
>4yr old g400 mouse
>4yr old corsair k70 keyboard
>zalman Mic clipped to sennheiser 558 (iirc)
No issue with any above.
>>
>>55543894
I've had two of their mice and they still function great after 4 years of very heavy use.

I know that's not a popular opinion but it's been my experience.
>>
>>55543894
They make Unique products and thats why I use them.

WIRELESS MMO mouse and mobile gaming mouse that doesnt look bad. If not for The Naga Epic or The Orochi I would use Logitech or Corsair
>>
>>55544790
I'm currently using the Logitech G602 and everything works well it of the box in Linux.
>>
I have a razor most too I use for vidya and I love it. It's old as fuck though, made right as Bellini and razed did the collab. I also use a naga hex, and while it's EXTREMELY useful for games, the build quality is meh- the middle mouse button broke super quick. Can still scroll though.
>>
>>55543894
bought a mouse from them. It broke within a year. Never again.
>>
>>55559653
I have one of their mice and It does not still function great after 6 years of heavy use.
>>
>>55543937
Had my naga hex for almost 4 years now, not a single issue. BlackWidow ultimate is 6 years old this year again no issues.
>>
Their mice are decent. I don't really know or care about muhh fancy sensors or other bullshit. I find it all placebo effect. But the death adder is really comfy in my hand. Ran the same mamba for 4 years and still love it.
Also considering the oroborous because the fucking G13 refuses to go mechanical.
Everything else fucking sucks.
Their keyboards are god awful. Fucking kahlil switches at cherry prices, with the shittiest abs keycaps i have ever seen, when equivalent priced cherry boards have at least double shot abs that doesn't wear out as easily. I have never seen a 1+ year old razwr keyboars that wasn't just shiny ass worn out lettering.

I also love how they spun switching switches as a plus by rebranding kahlil's bkuwe rippoffs and then using their room for error as marketing jargon.
>>
File: Cherry Board_G86-61411.jpg (90 KB, 1100x641) Image search: [Google]
Cherry Board_G86-61411.jpg
90 KB, 1100x641
Having used many of the latest mice & keyboard (Logitech, Madcats, Corsair) drivers. Most recently got a budget mouse (Redragon) too.

Ignoring longevity, build quality, and performance. If we just look at functionality. The Razer Naga leaves every other mouse in the dust.

I got my Naga in 2009. A year later they updated the drivers. The complexity of the drivers I've been able to create since 2010 many of the other mouse companies have yet to catch up in 2016.

I even have a Cherry keyboard that cost me $200. NOT a keyboard with Cherry switches. But a full on CHERRY 100% German top to bottom. All the buttons, the switches, casing and circuit board made by Cherry. I'll post a pic below. It has macro software that has to be downloaded from their website. I hate to say it but the functionality of the software is elementary at best. If it wasn't for a 3rd party macro program like AutoHotKey the keyboard would be useless to me personally speaking.

I don't support Razer as a company. As soon as some one makes a better mouse then this Naga I'll stop using it.
>>
>>55559997
Logitech software is just as good, same as many other companies.
Cherry is not exactly a gaming peripheral comoany, their intended audience isn't the type to benefit from shit like synapse.

Out of curiosity what feature is it you think only synapse can do?
>>
>>55559890
Man mobile posting blows. I have a nostromo blah blah made right as Razer and belkin did the colab blah blah.

5+ years strong though, its fantastic. Really want one of those chroma ones though
>>
>>55560077
How is it?
Im g13 masterrace and would switch for mechs, but the dpad looks shit, i want a full analog stick.
Also doesn't look as comfy.
>>
>>55560098
I've never once regretted the purchase. It's maximum comfy, and perfect even though I have giant hands. The numbers and stuff are starting to wear, but I've expected it after the basically daily use.

The dpad is fine for me as I use the buttons for other keybindings, but there's a nub you can stick on to kind of emulate a stick...though not exactly the best way honestly.

Only negatives I have is that the nostromo drivers got merged with synapse (the regular drivers were god tier desu) and that the backlighting has certainly faded a bit...maybe from constant use of it? Overall 8/10 to me.

I must add this is the non mechanical one, older like I said
>>
>>55560070
>Out of curiosity what feature is it you think only synapse can do?
The drivers for razer naga I'm using is called 3.02. It's the last drivers that came out before they replaced everything with synapse. If I had to use synapse I wouldn't use the mouse.

Anyway, the answer to your question. The last time I tested Logitech mouse drivers was about 10 or 15 months ago. Let me know if they've changed this. But what I noticed then was Logitech let me swap left click with right click but it didn't let me unbind them.

For instance on my Naga my left & right click are used for macros. And I have left and right click on my thumbs.
>>
>>55544790
I used the deathadder mice since they came out.

The first one lasted 4 years, until it started doubleclicking on it's own.
The current one is 3 years old and stil no issues.
>>
>>55560070
>Cherry is not exactly a gaming peripheral company

But the hardware is good I'll give'm that. It's built to take lots of abuse in an industry or business environment.

>Out of curiosity what feature is it you think only synapse can do?
What about the DPI buttons. Can you remap the DPI? For me that's not a deal breaker but still, I remember in the old days logitech didn't allow the dpi buttons to be changed to perform macros.
>>
>>55560733
Ah that would be a legitimate use.
>>55560833
Im not insulting cherry, just saying it's not exactly their focus...
My ducky priemiere doesn't even have software. Not a gaming product. And yes mostsoftware suites can.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.