[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: sqt.jpg (17 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
sqt.jpg
17 KB, 320x306
/sqt/
>>
File: 1454715982341.png (2 MB, 1000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1454715982341.png
2 MB, 1000x3000
My pc was rebooting randomly due to my asus mobo's anti-surge protection.
It would happen when I was browsing and playing csgo
I just turned the surge protection off am I fucked?
>>
>>55543578
buy a surge protector, retard
>>
Hey guys,. I was talking on the phone earlier and then at some point i couldn't hear what my friend on the other end was saying, but i could hear what he'd said previously ( ike it got recorded). Why do you think did this happen?
>>
What did I order from dhgate?
>>
Should I buy a macbook pro or a lenovo? Money isn't an issue and I'm really only going to be programming on it
>>
>>55543883
Don't spend money on crap you have no use for.
>>
>>55543384
I want a phone with a physical keyboard (not blackberry) on amazon uk
>>
File: 1418832563170.png (936 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1418832563170.png
936 KB, 800x600
Is MSI H110M Pro-D fully compatible with i5 6600?
>>
>>55544025
You'll have to time travel back to the early 2000's
>>
>>55544025
Get Sony Ericsson K800i
>>
File: playlist.png (11 KB, 979x158) Image search: [Google]
playlist.png
11 KB, 979x158
lads I'm trying to download the video of my sister's graduation and it's giving me an M3U Audio Playlist file

the file defaults to opening in iTunes but then nothing happens

any idea?
this is what the file looks like

tried opening in VLC but it did nothing
>>
>>55543384
Rooting HTC One M8 - Unlocked the bootloader/I've run fastboot over adb.

I want to spoof gps [spoiler]in poekmon go.[/spoiler]
Now what?
>>
>>55543384
>not putting "stupid questions thread" in the title so new people know what it is

Can you do nothing right?
>>
Will I be able to buy the 1060 on day 1 release? I've never bought hardware or first day releases, I'm scared of it being sold out...
>>
>>55544081
I should have specified a QWERTY keyboard
>>
>>55544344
Why not a BlackBerry? They're the best.
>>
File: 1437067102863.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
1437067102863.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
Is my HDD dying?

I have Win 10 on a SSD and pretty much everything else on a HDD
Yesterday I was using my PC and everything was normal, but when I went to open a Shadowplay video I recorded, MPC HC froze, but didn't crash and I couldn't close it. And the same thing started happening with all my other programs, except for my browser.
So I restarted, but it got stuck on the "restarting" screen for like 5 minutes, so I just shut it off manually.
Now every program except for my browser gets unresponsive and crashes after a couple of minutes (even Windows explorer.

I tried restarting a bunch of times, and updating Windows. (Still can't shut off or restart without manually holding down the power button) And suddenly my HDD wasn't showing up in explorer, but everything else ran smoothly.
I replugged my HDD and used another cable and now it shows up again, and most programs work, but deleting or moving files, even small files are slow as fuck, and unzipping shit makes 7zip crash.
The video file that kinda started all this is still corrupt and crashes every media player I've tried, but there's no way a video file I've recorded myself could break my drive like that, right?

Is there a for sure way to tell that it's because my HDD is dying?
>>
>>55544432
Yes
>>
>>55544389
all the data goes through their servers, kind of off putting
>>
>>55544510
Are you moving bricks of heroin using your phone?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x366
Would it be worth buying a gaymen laptop strictly for portable audio production?
>>
>>55544538
I suffer from psychosis, paranoia and delusions I'm medicated now but I'm still pretty paranoid
>>
I'm planning on changing my motherboard/CPU soon and I'm assuming I have to reinstall windows 10. However I don't have a product key and instead have "digital entitlement". How exactly does this work and will I still be able to reinstall windows?
>>
>>55544551
Why are you on the internet?
Do you not know every browser sends data back to its server?
Such as autocorrect, recpatcha fingerprinting.

Why are you here?
>>
>>55544563
It is a chip on your motherboard, that holds your key, you cannot remove it and you cannot retrive the key.

You're going to have to pirate it or go geniune
>>
File: 2016-07-12 at 22.16.08.png (1 MB, 1166x1071) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-12 at 22.16.08.png
1 MB, 1166x1071
I wanna download every full-sized image content from the Imgur front page. That's about 50 images. I want to do it with wget. But the command I use is downloading the thumbnails and not the full-sized content. It's the recursive bit and the depth that I'm confused about. Can you correct this command for it to work?

wget -r --level=1 -A jpg -e robots=off example http://imgur.com/gallery
>>
>>55544626
Like I said I'm a lot better, purchased the Alactel ONETOUCH 3000 for £15
>>
>>55544192
>lets cater to newfags and crossboarders
genius.
dont forget more pointless posts about what the s in sqt should stand for
>>
I installed debian with xfce on my x220 now I want to let xfce look comfy and nice. Numix? And this shit? Any tips, links or guides/tutorials? thanks /g/entles.
>>
>>55544192
At least he actually put /sqt/ in this one

>>55544820
The whole point of this thread is to be a containment thread for the newfags and crossboarders that come here for tech support.
>>
>>55544820
>cater to newfags and crossboarders

The point of this thread is to stop these cunts from shitting up the entire board with dumb questions.
>>
Classic issue; pc wont boot
It was working perfectly this morning. What I did was
>replace PSU with older, supposedly working PSU
>replace GPU with older, supposedly working GPU
pc boots but no video output, no beeps
>put new GPU back in, still no video
>put new PSU back in, still no video
>replace CPU coolant, still no video
what the fuck did I do wrong?
I had a tough time getting out the CPU power pin when first taking out the PSU, but when I double checked there were no broken pins or anything
all devices power on through the mobo; mice lights come on, external HDD spins up
all fans spin up
no video output no matter what I do, no matter which GPU in in the PC

I'm starting to get mad
>>
>>55544878
also forgot to mention, tried with two different cables on two different monitors. wont boot to nothing
>>
>>55544878
Have you plugged the monitor cable into the motherboard ports instead of the graphics card ports?
>>
File: what.png (302 KB, 1078x607) Image search: [Google]
what.png
302 KB, 1078x607
Whenever I'm using to Windows Media Player to listen to my music, I always get this error message. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit.
>>
I have a google account

When you access online links to google docs or spreadsheets that aren't yours, you will access it with your google account (if you logged in before). Isn't this dangerous? Despite technically being anonymous while seeing the doc, won't my account get exposed to someone else watching the doc at the same time?
>>
>>55544927
no, it's an AMD FX machine. no on board video so I need a GPU to get video out at all
trying to reset the CMOS since that could be an issue but this motherboard is retarded as fuck and it's difficult to find the jumper/button on this thing
>>
>>55544984
andddd reseting cmos did nothing
here's why I'm confused as shit right now
>the CPU is broken
there's no beeps when I startup, and speakers are plugged in and powered on
>the motherboard is broken
all devices and fans are powering on; only thing I can't test is CPU but there are no broken pins on the CPU itself or the power
>PSU is broken
no it's not, I replaced it with one I know is working
>GPU is broken
no its not, I replaced it with one I know is working
>>
>>55544771
You might need to write a longer script instead of just using wget. the thumbnail image urls (and the pages they link to) give you the right identifier for the full size image file (like "nsNOuo6"), but not the file extension, which I think there are 6 or so possible file types they use.

maybe this is what you want.
https://github.com/Rapptz/Reddit-Imgur-Scraper
I dunno if it will pull front page posts but most of the stuff on the front page is garbage anyway. first thing I saw is an impact font meme animal face along with paragraphs of a made up story. is that really what you want, or do you want images from specific sections?

if you find a solution post it because it seems interesting
>>
I have a question about python arrays and matrices
If I declare an array and try to change its values in a loop like so:
import numpy as np 
x = np.empty(5)
index = 0
while index < len(x):
x[index] = foo
index += 1

I would expect to get an array of 5 foo but instead I just get the original empty generated array.

I would understand if this didn't work because of how arrays are structured, but if I try to do the same thing with matrices:
z = np.empty((3, 3))
i = 0
while i < z.shape[0]:
j = 0
while j < z.shape[1]:
z[i][j] = foo
j += 1
i += 1

Then I get a matrix full of foo with no issues
Why does this happen, and is there a way I can loop through an array and assign values at specific indices?
>>
>>55543745
Its probably just a call routing fuck-up. It happens when cell network companies push their hardware when its congested or hot.
>>
Does anyone know where I can download an OS X distro like Niresh's?
>>
>>55544963
It appears to crash while accessing the media library. Go to the troubleshooting window, on the left menu click view all, and select the windows media player problems. It will try to fix it
>>
>>55544967
it depends on the set permissions by the owner of the document.
>despite technically being anonymous
>won't my account get exposed to someone else watching the doc
I don't understand, you seem to contradict yourself here. I don't think anyone else viewing the page is receiving information about your account/identity whenever you see "anonymous aardvark, hippo" etc, in the corner. Google has that information, but not others connected.

when in doubt you can always just open links to those docs in a private browser window (unless you need to edit the docs) which will not send your cookies to google and you won't be logged in.
>>
>Really silly question.
What's the best way to start learning programming?
(More specific. What softwere should I start with?)
>>
File: Snapchat-2003831898163598361.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2003831898163598361.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>55545042
Ok, update: seems there is this bizarre sticky shit on my mobo. Nothing spilled on it, that isn't even possible
>>
>>55545042
Have you tried powering on with no cpu or ram to attempt to trigger a post alert to see if its the mobo?
>>
>>55545132
Yeah I know that we are all anonymous to each other but the account info could still be transmitted somehow, at least to the owner of the document. Specially if you are able to edit the document. Probably it's just paranoia and I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, but it started bothering me seeing my account logged in while checking documents.

The private window is the safest way to check other people's documents, for sure.
>>
>>55545183
Solder Flux
>>
>>55545042
>motherboard
Are you using the same pci lane each time?
If so, use different ones
Your pci lanes could be fucked
>>
>>55545183

wash with distilled water (not tap water) and a clean lint free cloth and rinse with a high % isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, >90% or preferably 99.9%

do it properly too, remove the mobo from the case and inspect for damage (especially under the heatsinks on the mobo) and other sources of gunk

the alcohol wash is because water is a solvent and will pick up and move about dust and shit that has deposited on the mobo, 70% isopropyl will be pushing your luck as the other 30% is water
>>
>>55544827
Lower the DPI in appearance>fonts iirc
Add some workspaces
Get some wallpapers because xfce has a switcher
Maybe remove the whiskers menu
>>
>>55545129
Download OS X from a hackintosh forum that shows up on Google
>>
Pretty sure my gtx970 died today, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it, before I RMA. Card has been fine for 18 months, suddenly today it stops outputting to the monitor while playing GTA. Rebooted and it happened again after 5 mins, tried again and it kept happening before I could get passed the windows log in screen. Managed to get past it a couple times and tried reinstalling nvidia drivers, as well as trying older drivers. They only way I managed to fix it was by switching to integrated graphics, or a different graphics card. Anyone got a solution or is card rip?
>>
ITT: GQT Graphics Question Thread
>>
If I go for a phone, which is the best in the ~400€ price range? I'm looking at phones like galaxy j7, a5 or s5.
Which one would be the best? Any other recommendations?
>>
Is there any free alternative to the software PrecisionTree ?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-13-06-02-04.jpg (375 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-13-06-02-04.jpg
375 KB, 1080x1920
How do I convert this table to wikitable? Note that, for instance, A8, A9 and B8 is supposedly one cell, or at least look like one cell, but B9 should be another cell.
>>
>>55545254
I did try a different one. no dice
replacing the motherboard now. its the last thing i can test
>>
I have some data stored in a tablet with broken screen and thus cannot be retrieved. The tablet is quite old and no repair shop nor the production company have extra screen in their inventory. If I buy a duplicate tablet of same model from second hand shop and ask a shop to exchange the two tablet's screen, will that work?
>>
File: 0cy52c0.png (488 KB, 990x500) Image search: [Google]
0cy52c0.png
488 KB, 990x500
>>55543384
Guys, how do I computer?
>>
>>55543384
1. What can user actually benefit when Mega tell its users download via client instead of browser
2. How to use Microsoft Office IME 2010 on Win8/10? Win8/10 come with higher version of same software so direct attempt to install Office IME 2010 onto those OSs would result in error, but the newer version preinstalled on the two OSs are missing some functionality. Seehttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-desktop/when-will-the-cantonese-input-method-be-available/9eb2d03c-e326-4eb6-9f72-c1320e32102bfor further detail.
3.My mobile operator banned VPN usage as they think using VPN enable tethering. How to browse Japan-only site via their network Without changing to other operators/plans [for cost reason]?
4.How to prevent sites/apps does not support my language setting zh-HK fall back to zh instead of zh-Hant? Especially on mobile Android devices where you can only pick one language as system language.
5.How to represent a document with a mixture of two different languages with IETF language tag (e.g. en-GB-Latn)? Note that the two language is snot used side by side, instead they are used in a fashion like "Watashi's favourite keitai manufacturer wa Apple desu."
6.When Win8's dwm.exe (desktop window manager?) killed itself due to lack of memory, and then using taskmgr > start new task > dwm.exe give no response, how to restart the process?
7.I heard that Symbian were once opensource half decades ago, why no one port that to other phones?
8.How do I keep multiple (3/+) IC cards in my wallet and prevent them from interfering each other while still allow them to work when I tap them onto individual card's reader?
9.How to post on Japanese sites like 2ch outside Japan without buying their pass? They block foreign IP and also vpn
10.Is there any tools that can allow mass upload of pictures in a folder onto a mediawiki-based wikifarm via interfaces provided by mediawiki? I don't have the right to access its database directly by FTP/etc.
>>
>>55543384
11. For Nokia N1 tablet, it use USB type C connector but only support upto the speed that is equivalent to USB 2.0. Which pins have been actually wired in the tablet's socket?
12. As Apple are still releasing new source codes for Darwin OS, do they have any actual value nowadays?
13. I have a few Android 2.1-2.3 devices stuck in infinite boot loop, including LG E720 and Sharp 007sh, how to resolve the problem? I read that it's possible to use recovery but i can't seems to find a recovery for 007sh.
14. My mom's phone (Xiaomi Redmi original edition running Anddoid - MIUI) keep getting tons of force close without changing any setting beforehand. Local phone shop ppl said it is because of a virus and the only way to deal with it is to wipe the phone. Is there any method to stop those force close from happening and get the contact info out? They are neither stored on sim card nor synced to cloud. The current status of the phone make it impossible to access any menu in the phone.
15.How to enable dual access across different 3G mobile network on a dual sim android phone?
16.would it be possible for unicode to define a character like tab but with a fixed width and make others adopt it?
17.How do I run apps that are only compatible with Android 2.3 or below in Android 6.0?
18. How to play N-gage games without buying a N-gage nor old Nokia phone, given that no known N gage emulator exist.
>>
>>55545547
>1. What can user actually benefit when Mega tell its users download via client instead of browser

the download is somewhat faster, and you don't have to deal with their horrendous local storage based browser download. but it's a persistent software and wants to be associated with an account.

luckily you can avoid their crap client and use any download manager you want with mega links.
>>
>>55545509
Buy it your self and go to a repair shop with the 2nd device?
>>
File: 20160712_151423_noexif-1.jpg (442 KB, 1551x2734) Image search: [Google]
20160712_151423_noexif-1.jpg
442 KB, 1551x2734
I just has this garage door sensor replaced after the last run rusted. I live right on the beach. Is there anything I can coat this in to prevent oxidation?
>>
>>55545600
yes. Will those repair shops able to put the working screen from the second hand tablet onto my original tablet?
>>
>>55545596
Any good downloader software on android?
>>
>>55543384
What's a good, cheap 1080p monitor these days? Primarily for gay man.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/droprinter/droprinter-the-worlds-first-smart-phone-printer Is the thermal printer project a scam?
>>
I have an FX-8300 with a Cryorig H7.
I'm going to overclock to at least 4.2 (the default turbo clock at 95w). How far should I try to push it?
>>
>>55546011
Why do you think it is one?
>>
Why do websites still default to 32bit downloads instead of 64bit? I was downloading VLC earlier and I was wondering why it would do that.
>>
>>55546105
6-7
>>55546143
>kickstarter.com
>>
I'm using ffmpeg on Windows
How can I convert a video to a gif file without ruining the quality?
>>
>>55546158
You mean 4.6-4.7ghz?
>>
>>55546143
it claim something is slightly off right before the expected shipping date and then they claim they are goig to redesign the entire thing to fix the problem with no further news in next three months. Also, no further reply via message.

And that just found out its creators are all Chinese people from mainland China.
>>
>>55546151
Some programs still work better in 32 bit mode over 64 bit mode?
>>
>>55546234
Yeah might be a scam, no real way of knowing and no way to hold them responsible. That's why kickstarter is shit.
>>
Where'd the best place I can order a sata cable from? It only needs to be like 8-10 inches long.
>>
Does gif file format support p-frame/b-frame?
>>
>>55546162
you generally cant
>>
>>55546297
monoprice
>>
>>55545689
>good
>cheap
Make up your mind
>>
>>55543384
Why is Dwight the header image for every /sqt/?
>>
>>55543384
AMD a6-7000 chinkpad running ubuntu gnome, will AMDGPU-PRO work with the kaveri R4 in this thing?
>>
>>55546432
QUESTION
>>
How do people make those images that change when you click them?
>>
Best way to root my Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation)
>>
>>55546465
The way 4chan (doesn't) handle transparency in thumbnails and the moire effect
>>
Can I enlarge Chromebook Pixel's storage volume?
>>
>>55546365
Can you suggest an alternative?
>>
>>55546548
webm
>>
Which version of Microsoft Word is best to use, I want to "acquire" it since I have no document program.

Otherwise, what's a good freeware document program, Libre office doesn't feel good to use compared to good old word.
>>
>>55546546
sd card
>>
File: settings.png (37 KB, 503x800) Image search: [Google]
settings.png
37 KB, 503x800
So I installed the latest stable version of KCP. Are these the best settings I can use for mad-vr? GPU isn't even over 20%.
>>
>>55546586
SD or micro SD and how large can it support up to? Can I boot from SD card?
>>
What's the best book for learning C++?
>>
I´m gonna buy a 1080, with that in mind I have 2 options

3 * 24" 1080p monitors at 60hz
or
1 2560*1080p at 200hz"
Gonna be used mainly for titles like BF and Titanfall
>>
>>55546925
1440p 144hz
>>
>>55546925
get 144
200 is placebo
>>
File: 1463614699045.gif (3 MB, 219x238) Image search: [Google]
1463614699045.gif
3 MB, 219x238
>>55546401
Ok, then what's the best RELATIVELY cheap good monitor.
>>
What is the best book for a person with no programming knowledge to learn C? 'Head First C' need not apply.
>>
>>55546980
define relatively cheap
define good
>>
Is this question stupid?
>>
>>55547098
No, it's small.
>>
I'm going to make a fresh install with Windows 7 Home Premium (with SP1)

Planning to configure my system so that Windows can't call home to Microsoft/botnet my shit up, but I really don't know how

What's the best way to keep the botnet out a fresh Windows 7 install?
>>
Are these dubs stupid?
>>
>>55547095
>relatively cheap
like your mom's
>good
unlike your mom's
>>
>>55547264
Install Trisquel
>>
>>55547264
http://nanami-tan.info/

Particularly
http://www.gbgl-hq.com/demoness/Windows_Debloating_Guide.png
>>
>>55546995
literally fucking google "learn c"

a whole bunch of free shit online

gl familia
>>
>>55547311
>>>/v/
>>
>>55545143
Text editor of choice + Python

>>55545522
Computer needs smaller, precision hammer.

>>55545584
>12. As Apple are still releasing new source codes for Darwin OS, do they have any actual value nowadays?
Not really, it's an order of magnitude easier to just install *BSD
>18. How to play N-gage games without buying a N-gage nor old Nokia phone, given that no known N gage emulator exist.
Ngagecool (I've never used it before, but it does exist)

>>55546151
Compatibility. You can run many 32 bit programs on 64 bit OS, but not the reverse.

>>55546162
Screencap every frame and then manually edit them in GIMP or PS. Alternatively, just use a webM.

>>55546925
For gamin': One monitor as big as you can go at 144hz.
>>
Is there any good programs to share my pc screen with a few others with audio and little latency?
>>
File: cover.gif (17 KB, 297x420) Image search: [Google]
cover.gif
17 KB, 297x420
>>55546995
Buy a raspberry pi and download RISC OS, it comes with a PDF of this book. Use it to learn BASIC. Then once you've learned BASIC, start learning C.
>>
>>55547328
Thank you so much
>>
>>55545612
electrical tape $2 max at a diy store.
>>
im having issues with how much memory my phone is using at the moment. someone recommended Nova launcher as a no root option to kinda help with that, but ive heard mixed reviews on it. is there another recommended no root launcher that would help with my memory issues or is Nova alright?
>>
>>55547683
Thank you! Just spent $160 to fix this today.
>>
>>55547731
>nova
there is no other option.
>ram
Stop doing things that make your phone do things that take up ram.
It is responding to you doing things that are taking up ram, when you do things that need to take up ram
>>
>>55547731
Nova is great but that alone won't solve memory problems by itself.

1.] Clear all apps running

2.] Long click on apps like Youtube, Chrome, and Clover and touch/drag to "app info"

3.] Clear cache

4.] Restart phone

This will give you the maximum amount of free RAM possible.

Unfortunately if you have a 512MB or 1GB RAM Android phone then you're gonna have to upgrade to a 2GB RAM one soon as apps and web pages in general are becoming bloated as fuck and will eat up RAM quickly when multi-tasking.
>>
>>55547781
yeah the problem is ill shut down everything running and its still taking up about 80% of my total ram available

im guessing theres just hidden software running thats bloating it that i need to go through and force stop/disable one by one
>>
>>55547817
How much RAM you got on yer phone breh?
>>
>>55547829
2GB, its a Galaxy S5
>>
>>55547817
nigga, shit is running in the background.
Also look up the word CACHING, as you seem to not understand the concept
>>
>>55547851
ok ty ill check it out
>>
>>55547842
Might have to factory reset that bitch, this RAM usage seems very unusual.

For the meantime try >>55547816 and see if that frees up some RAM.
>>
>>55547095
WHAT IS THE BEST MONITOR THAT I CAN BUY WITH THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF MONEY
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 278x200
can i use gentoo for hacking, software development, daily use (ie browser, pic editing, shit posting,etc), all on one computer? extra: gaming?
>>
>>55547894
dumpster diving
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 491x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 491x404
>>55547927
>>
>>55547927
I can second this. I find working monitors all the time.
>>
>>55547816
The eyes of a windows user.
>>
>>55548011
What?
>>
>>55548043
hes being a linux faggot. (cause linux does little to slow down your computer over time)
>>
How's the sensor on the G500s? I was going to get a G402 but the prices are ridiculous because Canada. There's a place nearby that has G500s mice for $45 CAD, though.
>>
>>55548043
>>55548068
>have no understanding of backend process
>have no understanding of what caching it
>have no means to setup adway+ublock
>>
>>55548112
>install gentoo on your smartphone its that simple

i know that caching and backend processes are but we are talking about his phone you fucking numbnuts.
>>
Is there an easy way to create a gtk3 3.20 theme?
Not looking for anything fancy at all.
Just black grey and white on those black and grey thingsd
>>
>>55547534
Ngagecool only support j2me/midp 1.0 java games.
>>
what do windows "optional updates" do?
>>
File: WTFpartnershit.png (38 KB, 1180x384) Image search: [Google]
WTFpartnershit.png
38 KB, 1180x384
Is it bad that DuckDuckGo is partnered with Yahoo?
>>
>>55547927
Thats where I got all my current ones, spent like 40$ total on all 3. I just need a better primary monitor.
>>
cooler master hyper d92 vs 212 evo

i5 6600k

which should i go with?
>>
my time keeps changing to beijing
fucking windows 10
>>
File: Untitled.png (72 KB, 673x742) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72 KB, 673x742
How fucked am i?
>>
does fresh thermal paste need to cure?
>>
>>55548651
You should leave the paste out of the tube for 30 minutes so it can marinate, then apply it
>>
What's the best resource for learning C?
>>
>>55548525
Not completely, but its an old drive. It's going to die sooner or later.

>>55548688
There is no "best" source. C is a popular language that has been around a long time so there are many resources.. Google around and find one you like. If you can't handle that, you probably don't have the technical inclination to learn how to program.
>>
>>55548494
Do you have Beijing set as the location in "Region and Location"? If so, it will set that as the timezone when it gets the updated time from the internet.
>>
Assume a site has banned you.
Changing your browser and accessing the site again regrants you access, like you've never been to it before.
Reinstalling any of thee browsers doesn't affect the ban, it recalls your ban individually for each one.
Your IP remains the same throughout each instance.

What would you assume that site is using to manage bans?
>>
>>55548785
magic
>>
>>55548785
Probably a combination of IP and useragent (basically the identifier of what browser you are using).

Just banning IP can be overkill in situations where many users may have the same IP (corporate networks, universities, hotels, etc)
>>
I am having issues with this line of code (uncommented of course)

//System.out.print("How many misses do you want?");
//int lives = Integer.parseInt(reader.next());

What is wrong with this? If I hard code the "lives" like "int lives = 10; it works, but not with the Integer.parseInt(reader.next());

import java.util.Random;
import java.util.Scanner;

public class AgeOfMajority {

public static void main(String[] args) {
Random rand = new Random();
int numberDrawn = rand.nextInt(100)+1;
//System.out.println("The answer is: " + numberDrawn);
Scanner reader = new Scanner(System.in);

//System.out.print("How many misses do you want?");
//int lives = Integer.parseInt(reader.next());
int count=1;
int lives = 10;

while(true){
System.out.println("Guess a number ");
int num = Integer.parseInt(reader.nextLine());

if(num < numberDrawn)
{
System.out.println("The number you guessed is lesser, guesses made " + count + " Misses left: " + lives);
count++;
lives--;

if(lives == 0){
System.out.println("You lose!");
break;
}
}
else if(num > numberDrawn)
{
System.out.println("The number you guessed is greater, guesses made " + count + " Misses left: " + lives);
count++;
lives--;

if(lives == 0){
System.out.println("You lose!");
break;
}
}
else
{
System.out.println("Congratulations, your guess is correct! Guess made: " + count);
count++;
lives--;

break;

}
}
}
}

>>
>>55544053
This paired with a 6600k works fine. So i am sure 6600 will be fine as well.

Before anyone asks- it was same cost as 6600. I know you can't overclock with this mobo.
>>
Should I buy SICP or Cracking the Coding Interview as my next read? Currently reading The C Programming language.
>>
>>55544302
Yes, for $350+
>>
I set up auto bed leveling on my 3D printer
Do I have to do it every time I want to print or does it write to the firmware?
>>
>>55548828
>combination of IP and useragent
That's what I had thought initially. However, changing the user agent, and checking it against other websites, the ban remains in place for that browser.
>>
>>55548675
lel
>>
>>55547534
>Compatibility. You can run many 32 bit programs on 64 bit OS, but not the reverse.
doubt there is many people on 32bit left
but than again thinking about it the ones that are, are stupid enough not to know what this is regardless.
>>
My dad built a workstation with a 4770k in it and a mediocre Asus mobo a long time ago. Pretty much at the time 4770k released.

He barely uses it anymore since he has a decked out laptop his company gave him and his old card is a little outdated.

Basically he offered me to trade my mobo/processor (Asus m5a97 r2.0/FX-8350 OC'ed) for his 4770k and mediocre mobo since my mother is still going to use it.

So far everything I've looked into says it's a good trade despite the mobo/cpu only supporting 1600mhz ram. Even OCed it looks like this Haswell has it beat by a long shot at stock.
>>
>>55549115
>doubt there is many people on 32bit left
Eh, if you don't have a lot of money then an old computer is better than no computer.

>but than again thinking about it the ones that are, are stupid enough not to know what this is regardless.
Why assume that?
>>
File: fuck yeah.jpg (345 KB, 811x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
345 KB, 811x1080
my mom gave me her old iphone 4S. I'd like to jailbreak it and mess around with it a little. It's running 8.1.3. Can I jailbreak and pirate apps for this?
>>
I have ram that runs at 2133mhz but my CPU doesn't support it at that speed. pcpartpicker says the ram will have to run at a lower speed to work.
Will that happen automatically or do I have to change something in the BIOS?
>>
>>55549142
Do it

>>55550086
Automagically
>>
>>55550122
Thank you for the quick answer.
>>
File: 1466303962528.jpg (15 KB, 404x267) Image search: [Google]
1466303962528.jpg
15 KB, 404x267
Looking to buy a vpn service once my paycheck arrives this next Friday any one in particular better than the others? and are there some to avoid
>>
File: ss.png (33 KB, 380x273) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
33 KB, 380x273
>>55543384
Why is my HDD so shit at anything but sequential write?
>>
>>55550201
Because mechanical drives suck at random seek.
>>
>>55550214
Oh. I assume SSD's are better? Any good SSD deals going on with Prime Day?
>>
>>55550259
Dude posted getting a 960GB SSD Plus for $173 a few threads ago. Lucky bastard.
>>
I want to overclock my Zotac GTX 970 by around 180 mHz, so far it has been working well, I set the target temperature to 82 degrees and it hasn't crashed on me yet.

What should I look out for when overclocking GPU? Will setting it to this speed shorten it's lifespan? How do I ensure that my GPU can live long while being overclocked?
>>
>>55546980
Asus V24HQE-P
>>
>>55550259
Yes, SSDs have near instant seek time

There were some deals but I think they're over
You can find sales regularly on r/buildapcsales
>>
>>55543384
What does /sqt/ mean?
>>
>>55550552
It means /sqt/
>>
>>55550552
It means /sqt/ Questions Thread
>>
Where can I donwload pdf's of books?

I know there's this huge archive but I forgot the link and didn't bookmark it, tfw.

pls hepl
>>
>>55550552
It means install gentoo.
>>
>>55550675

http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/hrgmv/tracker_with_pdfsebooks_of_college_textbooks/c1xrq44
>>
>>55550675
libgen.io
>>
>>55550552
So meta.
>>
How do I go about getting windows 8 for a soon to be built computer?
>>
>>55550680
>>55550683
thanks brehs
>>
File: 1457330416261.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1457330416261.png
434 KB, 571x540
Hey /g/. I have a dilemma. Currently sharing a folder over the network from my Windows machine. I can connect to it from any other machines on the network both Linux and Windows. For some reason though, after my server has like 2 months worth of uptime (windows 7 based server), My linux machine gives the error "failed to retrieve share list from server". This happens when trying to manually connect, when viewing the "network" section of nautilus. The only way I can fix this is to reboot the Windows server.

This problem happens ONLY when trying to connect from my Linux clients. My Windows clients and even my Chromebook users can see it no problem. While the reboot takes literally 20 seconds off the server's SSD, this is an annoyance to me. Gonna find the Linux thread and post there too because this problem is truly vexing.
>>
Is it possible to get 21:9 res on a 16:9 monitor or basically any non-ultrawide monitor?
>>
>>55545143
Outdated copy/pasta, but start here:
---
So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamic programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby, Lisp
-Structured programming languages, such as: C, C++, Java, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamic programming may be a bit more suitable for those who need their programs to do heavy mathematics, and thus it is more popular in academia.
-Structured programming is a bit more suited for making general applications, and thus it is more popular in industries.

If you cannot decide, flip a coin.

If you choose dynamic programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
http://www.learnpython.org/
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

If you choose structured programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and C++ is generally "C, with extra concepts added". Sources:
For C:
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/
http://www.learn-c.org/

For C++:
http://www.learncpp.com/
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c++-tutorial.html
http://en.cppreference.com/

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Programming_Books

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [LANGUAGE X] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages shown above are considered very good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.
>>55545687
Advanced Download Manager
>>55547731
Download Smart launcher pro
>>
>>55550755
>my Chromebook users
ChromeOS is a modified form of Gentoo, mate. The problem probably isn't with the kernel.
>>
>>55550785
>C
>very good for beginners
Oi im laffin
>>
>>55550756
Yes
How it is displayed depends on the monitor.
>>
bears or beets
>>
>>55550785
I use ADM but it does not seems like they can read mega link or other network sharing service's link?
>>
>>55550794

I learned Java first, and now I'm learning C. C deals with so much about pointers and memory, that it makes Java seems like a sandbox environment.
>>
>>55550840
So does C++, but it holds your hand much more. Far better for beginners.
>>
>>55550788
Yea I know ChromeOS is essentially a fork of Linux.

What do you mean with the kernel? you mean the Linux Client's kernel? After a little googling, people recommend editing the smb.conf file for samba.

I didn't think Samba was needed to connect to a windows share? I thought samba and their associated daemons were only to connect to samba shares.
>>
>>55550872
>What do you mean with the kernel?
That was a snarky comment that Linux users often make about how the problem isn't with Linux (the kernel) it's with the third party software you're using to do literally anything.
>>
What is the best white case?
>>
Was advised to factory restore my phone and root it to improve its performance. How would this do so, can anyone explain? I'm new to rooting and it's benefits.
>>
>>55545093
Thanks for your detailed response. I'm a BASH babby, just starting using the CLI, and a toe in the programming pool. So building a script is alien to me and sounds like some learning. Thanks thouigh as you've set me in a good direction. I'll try it. I'd like to pull all the images off the front page of Imgur, but not just Imgur, but learn to do the same with other sites that host similar content. I'd just like to have a folder full of Internet content and to just breeze through them in my own times, hundreds of images downloaded from various sites, to seek the funny interesting shit myself easily without using HTML navigation and having it load slowly.
>>
>>55544432
better not be a Seagate HDD
>>
is 2000mah the same as 2amps?
>>
I'm trying to split a filenames up and visit them with the 'sauce' feature in 4chan x, I got this to work but I'm not sure if there is a better way or even if there is a feature I don't know about that would do the same, what do you guys think?:
javascript:(window.location.assign('http://www.facebook.com
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.

/people/@/'+%name.split('_')[1]));
>>
>>55551245
No, it's the same as 2 amp hours
>>
>>55545143
Python or Ruby. Try any of the various code academy things online. tryruby.org has a decent tutorial too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (373 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
373 KB, 3000x1688
I'm a poorfag who wants to get into 1440p monitors.

My current interest is in the Dell U2515H because of its price of 329 euros and size, as 25 inches is the ideal for me (and muh pixel density).

Should I buy it? Are there any other IPS 1440p monitors worth looking around for the same price point?

I honestly thought about waiting for 4K, but it's not worth it if I'm not going to get a larger screen.
>>
https://amzn.com/B00EIQTKAS

HYBRID HDD SSD I DONT KNOW SHIT TELL ME THE TRUTH MAN COME ON
>>
>>55551482
>muh pixel density
>it's not worth it if I'm not going to get a larger screen
Also, I'd say to just wait. 2160p monitors are rapidly decreasing in price, so a bit of waiting will pay off massively in the long run.
>>
>>55551567

I put it in a bad way. What I meant is that there's a certain point where it doesn't make any sense to keep increasing, just like phones.
>>
Is it a better idea to run XP on a low end laptop than 10?
>>
>>55551695
Yes, you should run POSReady 2009
>>
File: 4848.jpg (130 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4848.jpg
130 KB, 600x600
>>55551567
>>55551482

I found this:

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LU24E590DS/ZA

I actually really need to buy one now because mine is dying and I can't wait. The nice thing is that the price is 380 euros and has FreeSync.
>>
>>55551604
Depends on how well the programs you use handle interface scaling

~200 dpi is about what I would consider the maximum useful on a desktop display.
>>
>>55551768

To be honest, I'm quite sure in the future software will handle it better, so I have no problems with it.

My main concern is getting a good display so I can watch stuff and study. So I don't really care about refresh rate higher than 60Hz and TN panels are absolutely no.

Anyway, do you have any idea about that >55551761

I could go for 400 euros if a cheap 4K is an option.
>>
Can I embed a python application I made in a WordPress web page?

If so, How?
>>
>>55550695
subtract one and either buy it or torrent it
>>
>>55551015
factory restore to rid youself of possible malware. root to debloat. therk are a lot of services you may not use, probably wont miss, and take up a lot of ram/battery/cpu and you cant get rid of them without rooting. if your the gs5 2gb of ram guy from last thread just factory riset and clear cache often. you may not really need root.
>>
Where would I start looking for a sony employee that can leak me a certain service manual?
>>
how come /g/ hates windows?

yeah yeah baked in adware/spyware but muh Autodesk/Adobe/Video Games/Ableton/proprietary etc. redeem it to be a very reasonable choice for poeple who rely on proprietary software for work or play a lot of games, particularly new ones.

so why all the pure rage?
>>
>>55551944
why? if you need an appliance serviced call a sony tech and trouble shoot/take it to a hardware hospital.
>>
>>55551975
Because much, much, much better operating systems exist.
>>
I own an i7, what productive tasks can I do with it if I'm not rendering videos?
>>
>>55551994
None in my country.
>>
>>55551996
name one that can do Photoshop cs6 and Overwatch
>>
>>55551997
finding primes, generating tripcodes, math, looking for aliens. literally anything you want with some time.
>>
>>55552015
Why would I care that I can't use a program I don't use and some shitty game?
>>
>>55552039
oh, your retarded. nevermind.

not based on taste but on principal. over 7 million people play overwatch (many more play games you cant play on linux) and a ton of people use photoshop AS A COMPANY (i.e. as a means to make money)

linux can do neither of these so in those (mainstream and VERY common) cases it is objectively inferior to windows and even mac when it comes to video editing/image production.

i see the advantages linux offers and appreciate what it is i just dont know why the majority of /g/ blanket hates windows.
>>
>>55552097
I'm retarded for not playing along with your arbitrary restrictions? Whether or not it has Photoshop doesn't matter, it's a better OS. Whether or not it has Overwatch doesn't matter, it's a better OS. You're the retarded one if you can't comprehend this.
>>
http://lifehacker.com/5929913/build-a-xbmc-media-center-with-a-35-raspberry-pi

Is this a good enough guide? I want to set a home server/streamer, I may want to fit all my media there, or maybe just at my PC and stream the shit to the Pi. I want to do that to play movies and such on my TV. Also, maybe some way to play any videogames from my PC using it.
>>
Is Syncmaster 794MG an okay CRT worth it's weight? Should I pick it up?
>>
>2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13 battery percentage fluctuates.
>Be 37%, a few seconds later be 38%
>1% and then 2%

Why?
>>
>>55552314
No.
>>
Whenever I make a post, Firefox blocks the page returning me to the thread after the Post Succesful message and I have to manually allow it to load.

How do I disable this?
>>
File: ss (2016-07-13 at 11.14.56).jpg (161 KB, 838x419) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-13 at 11.14.56).jpg
161 KB, 838x419
How do i make stupid thing auto expand?
>>
>>55548525
>How fucked am i?
Not at all.
It's actually a normalized output scale with 200 being the best score an 0 the worst.
>>
>>55552465
As someone not looking for thinness, low weight and low power consimption, may I ask why? Thank you for your time.
>>
>>55552587
Low resolution with low refresh rate
>>
>>55552587
It isn't worth paying good money for a CRT.

Find a free one. Only pay if you want a good high quality one such as a FW900
>>
>>55552623
But CRT's don't really have a fixed resolution and it's default refresh rate goes up to 85Hz. I'm just afraid the colours and the contrast are gonna suck.

>>55552628
I'm picking it up for free so I'm only afraid of wasting space, not money.

I'm off to get it now, will report. I appreciate your input and time, thanks.
>>
>>55552636
It can go up to 85Hz at 1024x768. If you want to push it to its max of 1280x1024 you have to drop the refresh rate to 65Hz and it'll cause eyestrain. So basically you're stuck with a small as fuck resolution or one that's halfway decent and causes eyestrain
>>
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I need help.
I used to use a dating website a lot, but now I don't want to use it anymore.
Is there anyway to delete all instances of that website from my history, without manually deleting every single entry?
>>
>>55552736
which browser
>>
>>55543384
why can't I ping anything inside my network?
I can ping 192.168.1.1
I can ping 8.8.8.8
but I can't ping 192.168.1.2-5 (my desktops) 192.168.1.124 (my tftp server)
why the hell can I ping outside my network, but I cant ping anything inside my network?
and what gets me is that I can ping the switch with all of my end devices, I can ping the tftp server, but I can't fucking ping anything from the swtich inside my network.
>>
>>55552736
Im guessing you are using Chrome. Go to history, find the website, hold shift and click left mouse on first and last entry, then delete.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>55552449
battery levels are projected estimates based around the power draw at the time the estimate is updated

>update 1: CPU decoding 720p youtube video
CPU sez: at this rate I'll drain the battery in 36 minutes
>update 2 (30 seconds later): video over, CPU idle
CPU sez: at this rate I'll drain the battery in 45 minutes
>>
>>55551712
POSReady2009 or WinFLP?
>>
>>55552750
i'm on chrome, sorry i forgot to mention that
>>55552764
there are too many entries to display on one page
is that the only way?
>>
File: brokefeels.jpg (26 KB, 540x338) Image search: [Google]
brokefeels.jpg
26 KB, 540x338
I'm a brokefag in the market for a new laptop with a £600 budget, is it worth paying the extra money to get an i7 for MUH FUTURE PREWFING or should I just get an i5 or i3 and save monies for the replacement a few years down the line

don't care about graphics, outside of work (probably the most intense would be graphing shit for dissertation) it's just gonna be a shitposting machine
>>
>>55552854
Isn't WinFLP dead? POSReady 2009's receiving updates for another three years, so I'd go with that.
>>
>>55543384
802.11a/b/g/n/ac is the fastest, right?
>>
>>55552871
>>>/g/tpg
>>
>>55552887
or is anything with 'ac' in it the fastest?
>>
>>55552736
try the search field.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.